Advise on mirror installation needed

image.jpg I installed the triumph black teardrop mirrors on my 09 touring about two months ago no problems did you use on of these when you installed the mirrors?

There should have been a plastic fitting piece to set the tension on the tolerance ring with. Here is a link to instructons that show the fitting piece. Did this 5 years ago on my 08 R3T and mirrors are still solid.

http://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9638084-EN.pdf

I don't admit a lot sometimes but I should have read the instructions on mounting the mirrors. I dont even remember having a black fitting tool! I'm sure it came with the mirrors. I'm curious to know why I didn't use the fitting tool? I always try to "go my the instructions" when I install something like these mirrors.

Ygransom you have won the gold star for helping me with this ordeal. Thanks!

Now if I can find the fitting tool "if " I didnt just toss of it in the trash. Or do any of you have a fitting tool you will mail it to me if you don't mind. lol

My mirrors did not come a fitting tool either, I've never heard of such a thing :mad:

Well if yours didn't come with one I guess mine didn't either because as hard as I have tried I just can't remember seeing a fitting tool with my mirrors.

I know that there are more than one or two of us that have had problems mounting and tightening the mirrors. One reason could be that we didn't have the proper fitting tool or instructions. Like I mentioned awhile back "there is something fishy about these mirrors". Maybe we're getting somewhere on answering that question on what it is that is exactly fishy.

I don't either, but don't mind kuryakin, Arlen ness, custom builders, etc

I gotcha..... I was just pulling your leg. I tell you..... I bought some mirrors for my Kawi sport bike back in 09 I once owned and those mirrors was awesome! The glass had a blue tint to it and for some reason they was clear as a bell. It's hard to describe it but they were nice.The manufacture of the mirrors name started with a "P" is all I can remember. If I could find a set of mirrors like that to fit the Roadster I would be on top of them.

I gotcha..... I was just pulling your leg. I tell you..... I bought some mirrors for my Kawi sport bike back in 09 I once owned and those mirrors was awesome! The glass had a blue tint to it and for some reason they was clear as a bell. It's hard to describe it but they were nice.The manufacture of the mirrors name started with a "P" is all I can remember. If I could find a set of mirrors like that to fit the Roadster I would be on top of them.
Mully95 if you need fitting tool that is that little black washer looking thing pm me address I will sent it to you are you I the us ?

Mully .. have you actually 'tried' the couple of flat washers suggestion ?? Bought a couple of sets of teardrop mirrors from Triumph and never got a 'fitting tool' with them either.

Well I feel like a idiot!
When I installed the new mirrors I put the old ones in the same box and packed them away. I just got back from opening that box and in the bottom I FOUND THE FITTING TOOL!
I found some info on the company that I bought them from and that's it. No instructions. Even found the little bag the tolerance rings came in. I'll try to install them tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes. Maybe the vibrations will be gone this time but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

You guys are awesome! I wouldn't ever thought of using some type of fitting tool much less finding it stashed away! lol

Back