Yeah, and I would have liked a red GT but bought a silver one and thought I was gonna paint it but liked the silver too much and can't do it so now might have to buy spare tank and guards and paint them and swap them sometimes and... and ... geez it's difficult.....
It would be a lot less difficult if you just went and bought a red roadster as a companion for your GT. If you had the energy you could swap the tins around or even mix and match, or, if you couldn’t be bothered, just get confused about which one ride. Simple!
This is what I do - solve problems.

Do you know if they can increase a 2020 bike to rev out at 7k? or 8k would be better
Yeah, I've been trying to understand what @leatal meant by that as well. From what I can find the 2020 Rocket 3 produces max torque at 4000rpm, max power at 6000rpm and redlines at 7000. Can anyone explain what Leatal meant by saying "They increased the engine RPM to 7k", and what the limit was otherwise?

Last edited:
Here's an article discussing the 2020 Rocket 3 that I got the above information from: 2020 Triumph Rocket 3 R and Rocket 3 GT First Look (11 Fast Facts)

In particular it says:
2. The new 2458cc DOHC inline-3 puts out insane amounts of power.
Well oversquare, the Rocket 3’s displacement is 164cc larger than the Rocket III. Its 165 peak horsepower comes at 6000 rpm, with a redline of 7000 rpm. This is an 11 percent boost over the previous generation, though down 14 horsepower compared to the Rocket 3 TFC. Along with this comes a mind-bending 163 ft/lbs of torque at 4000 rpm. Numbers like that don’t merely mean blistering acceleration and a way to impress your friends. That sort of power means that when you add a passenger and luggage, the motor won’t even briefly take note.

Do you know if they can increase a 2020 bike to rev out at 7k? or 8k would be better
Penner
Penner dyno tuned the stock bike. Besides derestricting the throttle, he found that max hp was still at 6700 rpm. Raising the rev limit any higher is pointless, at least for the stock bike.

Back