2020 R3 GT Tire (Tyre) Pressures

Hello Joe and welcome from Virginia. On all my bikes I run 2psi over max and tend to get significantly more miles out of a set. I don't have a 2020 but don't think it would be any different.
I am curious though anytime someone has a new idea and it works. I am more into miles than rubbing the sidewall off.

Hello Joe and welcome from Virginia. On all my bikes I run 2psi over max and tend to get significantly more miles out of a set. I don't have a 2020 but don't think it would be any different.
I am curious though anytime someone has a new idea and it works. I am more into miles than rubbing the sidewall off.
Hi Boog,
Thanks for the welcome and the data! Very interesting, about what mileage are you getting, and what tires are you running?

I run Avon chromes on a Rocket X. Run 38 in the front and 38 in the back. At over 8,000 on the front tire there is no cupping at all. Back tire only has 5,000 but still looks real good. I prefer 38 PSI over the recommended 42 PSI by Avon.

I run Avon chromes on a Rocket X. Run 38 in the front and 38 in the back. At over 8,000 on the front tire there is no cupping at all. Back tire only has 5,000 but still looks real good. I prefer 38 PSI over the recommended 42 PSI by Avon.
Thanks Sonny, that's useful data. That's also very impressive, 8,000 miles at 4 psi under recommendation. Do you prefer the lower pressures for improved traction?

No not really it just handles better. Smoother ride down the highway. :):):):)
That would be my reason for lower pressures, I don’t care that much about mileage, I’m more into grip and a comfortable ride.

Last edited:
Back