2016 Roadster engine in an 05 frame

What size CT you running on the Beast, had a 245 Toyo on before but was thinking of something a little narrower this time round. The old MC tyre on it at the moment is 5/6 yrs old & may be a bit dodgy to ride around on once it is up and running.

Hey bud did you save them two frame pieces you cut off to bob her?

Yep, still got em. I might need them to mount the fender in order to pass the Pa. enhanced inspection. Once it passes, I'm told that the bob job will pass with a "reconstructed title". I will fab some simple struts for a quick release rear fender just in case I have to put a fender on to pass Pa.'s "normal" inspection in the future.

What size CT you running on the Beast, had a 245 Toyo on before but was thinking of something a little narrower this time round. The old MC tyre on it at the moment is 5/6 yrs old & may be a bit dodgy to ride around on once it is up and running.

It's a 245/50/R16. I still scrape the foot pegs from time to time. Been running that size now for at least 7 years.

I'm about ready to go DARKSIDE "AGAIN" had one, but the handling sucked. Spent $495 on 2 new Avons a month ago. Just pulled a BIG screw out of the rear tire this morning! I have Ride-On sealer in it, so don't know if it was all the way through, or not. BUT, I'm getting tired of replacing EXPENSIVE motorcycle tires, for sure! So much cwap in the roads now-a-days. I had a Riken Raptor on my 2013, and still have one on one of my 2005's. Paid around $80 total, from The Tire Rack, delivered by UPS.

235/60R-16 Riken Raptor HR SL (Qty:1)
04/25/2017
$80.65
Shipped

Avon AV72 Cobra 240/50R16 Rear Tire 1 $268.99 Shipped

It cost $450+aud here in Perth West OZ for Any motorcycle rear tyre to fit the R3, so I will be looking at Dark side makes & sizes for sure.

Well the "Beast" Passed the enhanced Pa. Inspection and is totally legal. She runs great except from idle to 1k rpm's. I suspect that it's a bit rich on the low end, Until I can find a decently priced used header, I'm gonna have to tweak the tune or find a better one. I have the stock header and a single muffler that I pulled the baffling out of. All temporary of course. Might have to post "tune needed"

Good to here of your success.
A good day here also, bike went through the noise test without a hitch.
She is now legally ready for the road.

Back