2016 Roadster engine in an 05 frame

The solution might be - newer type ECU - this will also mean new style instruments.
That or put the old type gearbox parts on the new block. That or a custom Gear Pos Sensor.

Having the same issues with an 2015 motor into a 2007 frame, did you manage to solve the gear position sensor & neutral issue.
Will have a few people looking at a fix after Easter will pass it on if anything works.

I installed the original GPS and was able to get a green neutral light but I had to jockey the shift pedal and still wasn't right. I incorrectly assumed that there was a difference in the GPS shaft or something else in the gearbox. It turns out that I missed a part when I pulled the 05 sensor off of the block. All I found was a spring that fits down in the shaft. After an internet search I realized that there is a tiny plunger that fits into the spring which makes contact with the GPS. I can't find it and wasn't about to buy the parts so I took the spare shaft to work and found a spring that fits into the bore and a screw that fits into the spring perfectly with no wobble. I am going to install it right after breakfast and will post the results.

20180330_103528.jpg
20180330_103447.jpg
Having the same issues with an 2015 motor into a 2007 frame, did you manage to solve the gear position sensor & neutral issue.
Will have a few people looking at a fix after Easter will pass it on if anything works.

NAILED IT...I really did! The screw head was too tall and the GPS would not seat so I cut down a nail to about 3/4 inch. The next step was rotating the GPS until the neutral light came on. You have to rotate about 1/4 inch to make this work. I then employed my dremel to...well look at the pics.

I still have the 07 motor so will conduct the swap onto the new motor, remembering to be careful of the spring & plunger.
Will keep you posted.
Many thanks Manic

Back