I'm guessing you mean the oil pan. That was drained prior to me receiving the bike.

Yes the sump pan is the oil pan. It has screens at each drain so all the metal bits say if a gear broke or a bearing failed are in the sump pan you will have to pull the 22 bolts. You can do it while it's on the kick stand. Clean it and the screens then put it back on. Don't worry about the gasket you will be removing the sump pan once you roll the engine upside down so you can split it open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Jonah. Good luck with it. I thing my detent spring might be a problem on my 07 Standard. I will be watching to see what you find.

You guys are all awesome

Jonah, I have a complete transmission set that I bought to rebuild my 05. I since found a complete 16 roadster engine and installed it. Was going to hang on to the spare tranny parts and have them beefed up and ready for a future install. Let me know if you need them.
2008 Triumph Rocket III 3 Touring Complete Transmission Gears SET T1180234. Has the shifting drum assy.,output bearing and cover, torsional damper, etc. I think it might even have the detent assy.
It's from a touring but I was told it's the same as a standard.

Whats going on with your standard ?
It is hard to hit second. I am just gonna take it easy on her(yeah right) for now, until winter gets back. May be the adjustment after putting the touring running boards on. Not sure yet

My old 2005 has a problem, sometimes takes 2 clicks to get into 3rd 4th or 5th. Sometimes shifts fine. I suspect forks, or shifter drum. Has right at 60,000 miles. No idea if it's ever been opened up. Only seems to do it if I'm in a hurry, so I'm just taking it easy on her, for now.

It is hard to hit second. I am just gonna take it easy on her(yeah right) for now, until winter gets back. May be the adjustment after putting the touring running boards on. Not sure yet
Put some Mobil 1 oil in her, and make sure the clutch and shifter linkages are adjusted correctly. She will probably shift smoother.

Put some Mobil 1 oil in her, and make sure the clutch and shifter linkages are adjusted correctly. She will probably shift smoother.
I just changed oil. Put Castrol racing 4T in her. Will look at that shifter and clutch. I remember us talking about making sure the clutch was adjusted right. I'll look it up in the manual. Thanks.....And, another rainy day.

@warp9.9 Thanks! I went ahead and just pulled the front engine cover anyway. If its a known issue I'll shop for a beefier detent spring and replace it anyway while this things just bones. Never thought I'd be upset that a part WASNT broken haha

Attachments

• 20180329_125920.jpg
    20180329_125920.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 3
Thanks Manic! I will let you know as I get farther along! Looking like I may need to take you up on that offer. Do you mind PMing me a price? Would be shipping to 80017. I can calculate as well...
Jonah, I have a complete transmission set that I bought to rebuild my 05. I since found a complete 16 roadster engine and installed it. Was going to hang on to the spare tranny parts and have them beefed up and ready for a future install. Let me know if you need them.
2008 Triumph Rocket III 3 Touring Complete Transmission Gears SET T1180234. Has the shifting drum assy.,output bearing and cover, torsional damper, etc. I think it might even have the detent assy.
It's from a touring but I was told it's the same as a standard.

Back