For Sale 2005 Triumph Rocket III - Red with factory flames (NJ)

mjp2

.020 Over
Up for sale is my 2005 Rocket III with the factory red with gold flames paint job.

I'm the original owner and the miles are primarily highway as I've used this bike for cross-country touring.

It's a powerful, reliable head-turner of a bike that needs nothing and is ready to roll.

Extras:
  • Corbin saddle
  • Triumph offroad silencers
  • Triumph cat box delete
  • Triumph windscreen
  • K&N underseat intake filter
  • Kuryakyn ISO grips
  • Toe/heel shifter
  • Triumph fuel gauge
  • Aftermarket front brake cable brackets to keep the lines from marring the paint
  • The ignition has been relocated off of the handlebars to stop the wires from pulling every time the bike turns.
  • Spark plugs were replaced in 2015
  • American Eagle Leatherworks Denali bags with quick-release brackets
  • Kuryakyn GranTour bag
There's a small shallow scratch on the top of the tank and the front fender has seen some miles. I've included those spots in the photos.

22,834 miles. Located in Howell, NJ. Spring Special Price: $5,000 :)

Jm3s91b.jpg

w5MO1va.jpg

FipAPZg.jpg

3mxnL19.jpg

iPvBa3N.jpg

ouiW4ja.jpg

h6XM9Xp.jpg

PrgeA4S.jpg

RTy2kRa.jpg

6iVaMmP.jpg

kL1xb22.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I posted an intro thread back in the Fall and the response was remarkable. Seriously, you folks are amazingly welcoming and supportive and really had me second guessing my plan to sell. For posterity sake, that was here...

Joining at the end of an era

The Fall, Winter, and most of the Spring have passed and I'm comfortable with the decision. The bike deserves better than to sit idle and it's time for it to move on to another owner and have some new adventures.

Up for sale is my 2005 Rocket III with the factory red with gold flames paint job. I've owned it since new and have used it primarily as most folks would use a camper.

I've ridden it from NJ to Oregon, to Maine, to Key West, etc., all via the scenic routes and it's never let me down. The modifications I've made are primarily for comfort and convenience, but it does have Triumph offroad silencers, cat box delete, underseat K&N, and a Power-Tripp tune to bring it all together.

• The Corbin saddle stays comfortable for weeks on end for the rider and passenger.
  • The ignition has been relocated off of the handlebars to stop the wires from pulling every time the bike turns.
  • When I moved the ignition, I did it right and re-keyed the whole bike to match the new ignition switch.
  • Kuryakyn ISO grips are comfy and easy to grip in all weather (rain, snow, hail, etc....been through it all)
  • The toe/heel shifter makes finding neutral a breeze.
  • The front brake cable brackets keep the lines from marring the paint.
  • The Triumph fuel gauge works about as well as the factory low fuel light but it's still useful.
  • Spark plugs are fresh from last Fall.
  • And there are bags. Oh so many bags.
American Eagle Leatherworks bags all around. The 2006 equivalent of their current Denali saddlebags mounted on locking quick-release brackets along with 3 Jumbo Sport Packs with side pockets.

For those longer trips riding 2-up, I replaced the Sport Bags with the Kuryakyn GranTour bag and had space for cold & wet weather gear, tools, extra boots, and clothes for 2 people for a week without stopping for laundry. This version of the bag has an extending handle and rollers so it moves around like normal luggage when pulled off the bike. The backrest, rain cover, and all straps are included.

It's a great bike that needs nothing and is ready to ride. It's in very, very good condition but I can't say it's mint.

There's a small shallow scratch on the top of the tank and the front fender has seen some miles. I've included those spots in the photos below.

22,834 miles. Located in Howell, NJ.

I'm asking $7500 for the whole package.

LvhyEMe.jpg

ur5iDhn.jpg

mZX3zs4.jpg

w5MO1va.jpg

Jm3s91b.jpg

c9GCKuj.jpg

iPvBa3N.jpg

RTy2kRa.jpg

The saddlebags and sport bags can come off the bike as one unit. Useful for motel stays and the like.
6iVaMmP.jpg

I cannot overstate just how big and useful this bag is.
kL1xb22.jpg

Scratches:
h6XM9Xp.jpg

PrgeA4S.jpg

The little guy :)
gKfoTD7.jpg

Full image album is available here:
Thanks for viewing my thread!

-Mike
I am interested in your rocket, does the 05 model have or can it get ABS brakes. Also is the price flexible or firm? What type method of payment.........Please email info

TL;DR'ed the description in the original post, dropped the price, and bumping the thread. :)

Up for sale is my 2005 Rocket III with the factory red with gold flames paint job.

I'm the original owner and the miles are primarily highway as I've used this bike for cross-country touring.

It's a powerful, reliable head-turner of a bike that needs nothing and is ready to roll.

Extras:
  • Corbin saddle
  • Triumph offroad silencers
  • Triumph cat box delete
  • Triumph windscreen
  • K&N underseat intake filter
  • Kuryakyn ISO grips
  • Toe/heel shifter
  • Triumph fuel gauge
  • Aftermarket front brake cable brackets to keep the lines from marring the paint
  • Spark plugs were replaced in 2015
  • American Eagle Leatherworks Denali bags with quick-release brackets
  • Kuryakyn GranTour bag
There's a small shallow scratch on the top of the tank and the front fender has seen some miles. I've included those spots in the photos.

22,834 miles. Located in Howell, NJ. Asking $6,000.

Jm3s91b.jpg

w5MO1va.jpg

FipAPZg.jpg

3mxnL19.jpg

iPvBa3N.jpg

ouiW4ja.jpg

h6XM9Xp.jpg

PrgeA4S.jpg

RTy2kRa.jpg

6iVaMmP.jpg

kL1xb22.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Very nice bike" I have a 2005 with just under 2700 miles and I would defiantly have been interested before I bought mine you should have no problem selling her, also how and where did you get your heel toe shifter, I can't find one anywhere; I by the way live here in Eatontown, please let me know where I could get that type of shifter, Thanks and "Good Luck"

wondering if you'd sell the backrest and bags.

Sorry for the extremely delayed response! The alert must have been filtered in my email when it came in.

Splitting up the package isn't preferable but anything's a possibility for the right price. There's over $2500 in bags on this thing, but of course at this point they're all used and not in mint condition so there's that.

If you're still interested, PM me and we'll see if something can be worked out. One caveat is that I'd need the stock hardware in exchange for the brackets on my bike since I tossed those bolts long ago.

Very nice bike" I have a 2005 with just under 2700 miles and I would defiantly have been interested before I bought mine you should have no problem selling her, also how and where did you get your heel toe shifter, I can't find one anywhere; I by the way live here in Eatontown, please let me know where I could get that type of shifter, Thanks and "Good Luck"

Thanks! It's a surprisingly hard sell but I think it's because the R3 is still relatively unknown. I had a mid-90s Harley Sportster with around 48k miles that sold in a week. It's all a matter of what folks are looking for.

As for the shifter, it's a Rivco product but it appears that it may have been discontinued. I purchased mine from here:
Heel Toe Shifter by Rivco for the New Triumph Rocket III

It's the same site from which I bought the front brake line clamps:
Front Brake Line Clamps for the New Triumph Rocket III

And more generally, thread bumped for a drop in price :)

Back