For Sale 2005 Triumph Rocket III - Red with factory flames (NJ)

Up for sale is my 2005 Rocket III with the factory red with gold flames paint job.

I'm the original owner and the miles are primarily highway as I've used this bike for cross-country touring.

It's a powerful, reliable head-turner of a bike that needs nothing and is ready to roll.

Extras:
  • Corbin saddle
  • Triumph offroad silencers
  • Triumph cat box delete
  • Triumph windscreen
  • K&N underseat intake filter
  • Kuryakyn ISO grips
  • Toe/heel shifter
  • Triumph fuel gauge
  • Aftermarket front brake cable brackets to keep the lines from marring the paint
  • The ignition has been relocated off of the handlebars to stop the wires from pulling every time the bike turns.
  • Spark plugs were replaced in 2015
  • American Eagle Leatherworks Denali bags with quick-release brackets
  • Kuryakyn GranTour bag
There's a small shallow scratch on the top of the tank and the front fender has seen some miles. I've included those spots in the photos.

22,834 miles. Located in Howell, NJ. Spring Special Price: $5,000 :)

Jm3s91b.jpg

w5MO1va.jpg

FipAPZg.jpg

3mxnL19.jpg

iPvBa3N.jpg

ouiW4ja.jpg

h6XM9Xp.jpg

PrgeA4S.jpg

RTy2kRa.jpg

6iVaMmP.jpg

kL1xb22.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Up for sale is my 2005 Rocket III with the factory red with gold flames paint job.

I'm the original owner and the miles are primarily highway as I've used this bike for cross-country touring.

It's a powerful, reliable head-turner of a bike that needs nothing and is ready to roll.

Extras:
  • Corbin saddle
  • Triumph offroad silencers
  • Triumph cat box delete
  • Triumph windscreen
  • K&N underseat intake filter
  • Kuryakyn ISO grips
  • Toe/heel shifter
  • Triumph fuel gauge
  • Aftermarket front brake cable brackets to keep the lines from marring the paint
  • The ignition has been relocated off of the handlebars to stop the wires from pulling every time the bike turns.
  • Spark plugs were replaced in 2015
  • American Eagle Leatherworks Denali bags with quick-release brackets
  • Kuryakyn GranTour bag
There's a small shallow scratch on the top of the tank and the front fender has seen some miles. I've included those spots in the photos.

22,834 miles. Located in Howell, NJ. Spring Special Price: $5,000 :)

Jm3s91b.jpg

w5MO1va.jpg

FipAPZg.jpg

3mxnL19.jpg

iPvBa3N.jpg

ouiW4ja.jpg

h6XM9Xp.jpg

PrgeA4S.jpg

RTy2kRa.jpg

6iVaMmP.jpg

kL1xb22.jpg

Thanks for looking!
First of all she is a beauty" and lots of luck selling her, having said that, I also have a 2005 R3 and I just put on the black ISO grips like yours; How did you go about putting the original hand grip bar end on the throttle side without it binding up the throttle, the clutch side is not a problem, did you have to use metal washers stacked to a certain thickness to leave room for smooth movement? "Thanks and be safe!

Sold! Craigslist swooped in at the last minute and it was picked up by a genuinely decent local guy. He used to ride sport bikes and then got into Harleys. He wanted a blend between the two so the choice was obvious. :)

Thank you to everyone for all the words of encouragement and support. Even with it being up for sale for so long it was still tough to see it ride away.

First of all she is a beauty" and lots of luck selling her, having said that, I also have a 2005 R3 and I just put on the black ISO grips like yours; How did you go about putting the original hand grip bar end on the throttle side without it binding up the throttle, the clutch side is not a problem, did you have to use metal washers stacked to a certain thickness to leave room for smooth movement? "Thanks and be safe!
This is going to frustrate you, but I had no problems fitting them. No modifications needed, though this was back in 2006. They didn't offer the grips for this specific model back then so I got their universal grips to work.

It's my first time without a bike in over 2 decades so it's a little weird. The new ride at this point will likely be a Glacier Bay 2640 lol

When the time comes to get back on two wheels it's going to be tough to top an r3. There's nothing else out there right now that I'd seriously consider.

And I'm not jumping ship just because the bike is sold. Too many good people on this forum. Besides, it's just bad form :)

It's my first time without a bike in over 2 decades so it's a little weird. The new ride at this point will likely be a Glacier Bay 2640 lol

When the time comes to get back on two wheels it's going to be tough to top an r3. There's nothing else out there right now that I'd seriously consider.

And I'm not jumping ship just because the bike is sold. Too many good people on this forum. Besides, it's just bad form :)

My sentiments exactly. My first time too so things do get weird. You develop a bad rash....you soothe the burning itch by looking at other classifieds. You see some that you will want.....then you remember why you sold it in the first place and you slip into a funk for a while....until your wife ***** slaps you in the back of the head. But, you already know that if the right opportunity comes along you will pounce. And, no, you will not jump ship because the others on this forum are like family, with the exception of the perverted old uncle, who's secret must be kept.

In all seriousness though, MJP, I came real close to pulling the trigger on your bike. I even spoke to a friend in Haskell NJ about storing it for me for a while. But the wife got in my way. Congrats on the sale though.

Back