2.5L Rocket Stroker Engine Kit with 6 Speed Transmission (R&D)

Hi Boog yeah it's weird to look back to the start & breaking ground as we went along.
Pity the 6th gear side of the project never made it to production (cost too high) following the working 3D printed prototype / proof of concept.

I basically rode the 2.5L Stroker daily for the past 3 years with no issues whatsoever. It should have been this way from the factory - made me wonder why an odd size like 2.3, did Triumph originally intend to sell a 2.5 upgrade option?
Spent time dialling in the final TuneECU map to go with the kits and having fun.
Sold a couple of kits in the mean time too.

And last summer I added the Carpenter 240hp kit (minus the high comp pistons), TTS stage 2 supercharger kit, custom made low comp pistons (for the boost) and the full exhaust.
Probably the most "built" Rocket engine on the planet.
Only got to take it out for break-in a few weeks ago..

Last edited:
Yeap I will post up the design, 3D CAD files and all, if I'm allowed.
I suspect if the design is free, a known gear manufacturer will produce it for a reasonable price.

@webmaster
....makes me want to buy a gear hobber for the mill.... If the LSR R3 goes as fast as I think it will this year, I'll really have to make some sort of new gear set up, be it rear end or transmission.

Yeap I will post up the design, 3D CAD files and all, if I'm allowed.
I suspect if the design is free, a known gear manufacturer will produce it for a reasonable price.

@webmaster

I'm willing to support it as I've done for you in the past, as a new premium ad or page. Whatever you think will help get your proposal out to the masses.

One would have to register/login to actually download CAD file, but all users would be able to see the info.

Hope this helps,

I'm willing to support it as I've done for you in the past, as a new premium ad or page. Whatever you think will help get your proposal out to the masses.

One would have to register/login to actually download CAD file, but all users would be able to see the info.

Hope this helps,

Great. It would just be posting the files up as a resource, free information. I wouldn't be selling anything or looking for funding etc, just here's a design for free, go and do as you please type thing.

If I post up all the pertinent text and pics, would you be ok to attach the CAD files to it?

Back