2.5L Rocket Stroker Engine Kit with 6 Speed Transmission (R&D)

Adamantium
Must have been added to later crankshafts
DSC_0042.jpg

"stamping"? Hard for me to picture how you could stamp a crank?

Edit: Huh, they do.

interestingly, they stamp it with all three throw in a row, then twist to the 120° offsets.
Something about keeping the grain in line .....
Trident crank shafts don't fail even under Mr P.A.B.
They will wear out and be damaged by wankers, I've seen the splined L/H end where the drive sprocket sits twisted one full spline width (6 splines) but not broken.
The Trident main bearing journal is 48.5mm Dia, the Rocket 43.0 mm (there abouts)
The Trident and Rocket Beg end journals are about the same at 41.0 mm

Ok this is to the point I’m now in deliberation over whether not not to actually move forward with it.

I’m confident all the technicals are viable to do 2488cc with only crank and piston work.

It’s either stroke or knife edge, can’t do both, both will be treading into the unknown as far as I know.

I’ll decide one way or the other soon.

Ok this is to the point I’m now in deliberation over whether not not to actually move forward with it.

I’m confident all the technicals are viable to do 2488cc with only crank and piston work.

It’s either stroke or knife edge, can’t do both, both will be treading into the unknown as far as I know.

I’ll decide one way or the other soon.

ah so you're going stroking the motor now too??

copycat bastard!

ah so you're going stroking the motor now too??

copycat bastard!

I’ve been working through it for a while, it was ironic to me you posted this thread right after I’d made a bunch of phone calls the week prior inquiring about it.

I’m still uncertain, not sure I am convinced the potential trade off is worth potential gains for anything short of a race motor.

Back