Joseph189

Standard Bore
Ride
07 Triumph Rocket III Classic
I want to get some aftermarket handlebars for my rocket. I have to concerns.

1 the width, i know the stock bars are very wide compared to most anything i will find aftermarket. Narrower bars wont effect the handling too much will it? Im afraid it will make sharp turns difficult particularly witg a passenger

2 the hight / rake, i can reach the stock bars no problem at all, idk the size i should get to not struggle to reach ( im about 6 feet tall )
Alsi i know the stock bars also alnost tuch the tank when turned all the way, i wouldnt want the new bars hitting the tank.

Any recommendations anyone?
I a really wanting to get some black z bars

I liked BR Custom bars when I had an HD and they will configure the bars to your dimensions and looks too. You'll pay more than mail order bars, but will have exactly what you envision.

Gday

Just fitted some 12" bars to mine, already had Rivco riser with 2" rise and 1" pullback. I found a nice set of bars I wanted in the states from Revzilla, right height, right pullback etc, but they don't ship bars outside the US so I had to order local. Ended up with a set of Harley bars that I had to modify. The annoying thing with the R3 bars is that they have odd ends on the bars these are for the bar end weights (easy to change) and also for the factory heated grips (need them in NZ, last ride there was ice forming on our trousers from fog the froze). If you don't need/have factory grips any bar will do that's comfy.

You'll need to change your cables and brake lines but I didn't need to rewire up to this height. I just carefully re-routed the loom.

After not getting the bars I wanted, not being able to source the ones I wanted in NZ and fitting what I could get I found they are just perfect, go figure.
20150801_104809.jpg

Back