your thoughts on your friendly neighborhood Triumph dealer

Hero Blob

Supercharged
I don't have much experience with Triumph dealers. Do you feel you are treated well? Am I stupid to even think about having my valves checked in the spring? :rolleyes:
My dealers are an hour plus away.

Hero,
I'm sure someone here can help with dealer recommendations, but "Under a Bridge" doesn't give much of an idea where you live. :D

In Kansas City area we have Engel's which is excellent. I don't have experience with their mechanics but heard they are great. My dealer, El Dorado Springs is further south and about an hour away from me as is Engels. Great mechanics and service.

How many miles on your bike? Valve checking doesn't happen until at least 10,000 miles.

I am speaking generalities. I have one dealer I can go to due to location. So it's moot at my end. I was looking for an overal feel to Triumph as represented by its dealer base.

One thing about the Triumph dealer network is that it is all based on the individuals that own the shop and the mechanics they higher. The only consistency among dealers is that there is inconsistency. Your best bet is word of mouth and experiences others have had.

As Hondax stated we are lucky in Kansas City to have a dealer that has been in business since 1956 and has very good mechanics.

Your best bet would be to determine where you are going to take it and fish for other people's experiences with that dealer.

my service dept guys are an absolute joke.. took them 6 days to find a loose coil wire.. when they thought it was a fi injector and had swapped them left one injector rotated 45 degrees out of line.. now i have to pull rail to rotate it back in line. doesn't affect anything except reflects their poor attention to doing things right. they also lost the cover for the front of coil then said "oh we didn't touch "that " coil it will be $6.00 for a new one."
dealer about 15 miles away however is reported to be fantastic. i just picked manny, moe and jack.. my bad.

service

Every time I have been in my dealers service dept. there has been a different kid messing something up. Unless its a safety recall I won't let them touch my bike. You might have a competent service dept. Sometimes it just pays to get the service manual and do it your self..With the book and help from this board, I think we can figure anything out. Experience is the best teacher and some one here has always done what your wanting to do. Just ask... Jack

I've been doing business with Baxter's in Marne , Iowa for over 20 years. He was an original Meriden dealer. He's been doing antique bikes also for many years. They have an excellent staff of mechanics and parts people.

I like Engles also, very nice people. I'm sure other dealers may have some issues but hopefully they are trying.

I like the Triumph dealers vs places like HD because the Triumph dealers seem to be more into the bikes and HD is like taking the wife and kids to the mall. One day, HD will stop making bikes and will change their stores into Old Navys....

I am speaking generalities. I have one dealer I can go to due to location. So it's moot at my end. I was looking for an overal feel to Triumph as represented by its dealer base.

Are you in a witness protection program or something,.....maybe wanted by the law?????:D I know, G-man,...ratatatatatattata......:rolleyes:

Hero Blob's location of "Under a Bridge" could be under the Walt Whitman Bridge in Philly or under the Ambassador Bridge in Metro Detroit, both of which I'd not admit to being associated with.:D .....I'm going to change mine to something more appropriate.

Your under the udder now, your not behind a plow, you'll never get rich...........:roll:

Your under the udder now, your not behind a plow, you'll never get rich...........:roll:

Well Hondax, whatdoya think? I never plow anything anyway. Good farmers scrapped then a while ago. We drill hay on no-till ground.

"Under the udder" can be taken many ways, most stimulating.:D

I do have a single bottom drawbar plow in the barn that came from a '41 IH "A". I was thinking of mounting it on a cement pad by the mailbox.....

Back