Wrapping the exhaust

yeah iwould totally agree with that statement,except for real world use causes discoloration on the muflerpipe,and about that oxygen sensor,plus the destruction of some expensive riding gear.thingkings setuplooked functional andlooked great

I guess folks wanting to cover their CES exhaust with tape answers my question "Does the CES header put off large amounts of heat?"

I wrapped my Reband headers and included a carbon fiber shield (Nearly useless - stops pants burning tho), I will soon be making my own heat shields to suit my Reband headers.
IMG_0164.JPG

I wrapped my stock headers and put the stock heat shields back over it. It helps some but is still hot in traffic in hot weather. I would say it cut the heat 25 or 30 percent. In cooler weather 80 degrees or below its pretty good now.

Hello mates, ok here is the current state of my setup. The cover is part # T2209830, as far as I know. It was cut to fit though.
I am pretty happy with it since I mounted it, I think it looks almost as good as the naked headers, because it makes the chrome muffler look longer, and it does a great job as a heat shield.

thingking1.jpg

thingking2.jpg

thingking3.jpg

Back