Would really like pillion grab handles for an R3T

For a number of reasons . . .
SEEKING -- enterprising Rocket person with necessary design and fabrication skills, or who knows same, who could come up with grab handles for an R3T.
Not only would my wife feel much more comfortable back there, it also is a way to attach extra stuff to the bike for trips], particularly given that the OEM side bags are oddly shaped and not so practically roomy.
upload_2016-3-27_14-57-9.png
These are similar to what I have on my Honda CTX700D

Just gain some weight, Paul!!!
The "handles" will magically appear!!!

TRIUMPH DAYTONA SPEED SPRINT TRIPLE TT Passenger Handgrip System

Bit different and may be way too far away on the huge Rocket tank but these are a hand grips for passengers that attaches to the gas cap like tank bag mounts and fits the Sprint which has the same petrol cap as the Rocket Roadster.

upload_2017-12-4_13-35-57.png

VINXXGRIP PASSENGER MOTORCYCLE HANDGRIP SYSTEM

MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR TRIUMPH DAYTONA SPEED SPREENT ETC.
Moto-Tuner is an exclusive VINXXGRIP Product Dealer

TÜV / KBA Quality / Safety Certified Grip System Made in Switzerland:
- Allows the passenger to be safely and steadily positioned on the cycle.
- Prevents falls in case of abrupt increase or decrease of speed.
- Makes motorcycle easier to drive thus adding maneuverability.
- Greatly reduces muscle strain on the passenger.
- Reduces swinging and promotes synchronized movements between passenger and driver, or with the bike itself.
- Enhanced safety significantly - passengers are no longer unbalanced bulk influenced by forces caused by riding dynamics.
- Download a copy of TÜV certification HERE

Vinxxgrip System Features:
- VINXXGRIP system does not affect access to tank for refueling.
- VINXXGRIP systems are built of aluminum alloy, by pressure casting.
- VINXXGRIP passenger handgrips are provided with a quick release system for removing the Handgrips from the adapter base ring (fixed to fuel tank cap). Thanks to this system, attaching and removing the Grips is extremely quick and easy, with no tools needed.

- VINXXGRIP System will be delivered NEW in original packaging.
- Will include simple instructions with pictures for your installation.
- Will also come with a booklet of all certifications and useful info.
- This auction is for one complete kit in black.

Will fit only: Triumph Daytona 600 - 2003 - 2004
Triumph Daytona 650 - 2005
Triumph Daytona 675 - 2006 - 2012
Triumph Daytona 955i - 2001 - 2006
Triumph Speed Four 599 - 2002 - 2005
Triumph Speed Triple 955i - 2001 - 2004
Triumph Speed Triple 1050 - 2005 - 2012
Triumph Sprint GT 1050 - 2010 - 2012
Triumph Sprint RS 955 - 2000 - 2002
Triumph Sprint ST 955 - 2000 - 2011
Triumph Street Triple 675 - 2007 - 2012
Triumph TT 600 - 2000 & 2002

On the Standards, Roadster and Classic with 2 part saddles it would be fairly easy to fabricate something up using the rear pillion seat mount and or an extra pillion bracket itself. I use a homemade back rest made out of one which fits on top of the existing pillion one and still allows the rider seat to be removed and replaced as usual. Either a ring grab handle like those used on early BMWs and Russian Urals would work or clip on type bars and grips inverted. If you already have a backrest fitted mount something on it - an easy solution could be made with nylon rope and rubber garden hose using either bolted clamps hose clamps or good old fashioned sailor's skills to fit. With that thought winch cable / soft rope ring ends or shackles could be rigged up with ease.

Not sure what the 2 part seat for the Touring uses to mount the pillion seat.

Surprised the Google-foo-man-chu did not see the belt solution. Belts the rider wears with handles on.

I made some solid grab rails for Mrs b' - but she still tends to reach for my jacket when she's scared.

Surprised the Google-foo-man-chu did not see the belt solution. Belts the rider wears with handles on.

I made some solid grab rails for Mrs b' - but she still tends to reach for my jacket when she's scared.
It's beneath my dignity to re-post but there are at least 5 different manufacturers of them too! Plus I'd rather my pillion fell off alone than dragging me with them! ;):p:D

Back