Would really like pillion grab handles for an R3T

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
For a number of reasons . . .

SEEKING -- enterprising Rocket person with necessary design and fabrication skills, or who knows same, who could come up with grab handles for an R3T.

Not only would my wife feel much more comfortable back there, it also is a way to attach extra stuff to the bike for trips], particularly given that the OEM side bags are oddly shaped and not so practically roomy.

upload_2016-3-27_14-57-9.png

These are similar to what I have on my Honda CTX700D

Hmm, there are plenty of bolts to attach bars to back there, just a matter of getting some pipe bent and bolted on. Making it pretty might be harder, I suppose powdercoat might make it decent.

The sissy bar is not enough, though? It's not a grab bar per se but it should help the missus stay planted. And you can reach back and grab it, I'm sure.

While you were out . . .

No sissy bar with the Givi 55 bolted on.

Boy I like the looks of the Harley Tour Pak . . . just, too big some how, at least to have on there all the time.

Yes, I'd really like to have the grab bars . . . maybe buy them for another bike and find a way to mount them ? That's why I post to all the folks smarter and more capable than me. :cool:

Last edited:
Oh, right, top box.

Any metal working shop should be able to bend a few pipes and flatten the ends and drill bolt holes through them, you'd think. Just have to measure where the bolts are and come up with a design. Though maybe someone else has a less DIY approach idea.

The bolts that secure the fender to the frame are quite sturdy and there are four of them. It should be doable to cobble something up.

My nephew is reticent to grab onto me, for reasons well understood, but I showed him how he could get his young fingers under the seat where the pillion transistions to the main seat if he needed to grab something. He will clamp his knees around my hips when the bike hits a bump so he doesn't slide around. And he would otherwise. Of course I steer around as many bumps as I can, nephew likes the feel of darting around!

While you were out . . .

No sissy bar with the Givi 55 bolted on.

Boy I like the looks of the Harley Tour Pak . . . just, too big some how, at least to have on there all the time.

Yes, I'd really like to have the grab bars . . . maybe buy them for another bike and find a way to mount them ? That's why I post to all the folks smarter and more capable than me. :cool:
@Joesmoe What you need is CCQ Calories, Cholesterol, and Quantity :D

You will have them (padded) grab rails sized up for the wifey in no time at all especially with southern vittles :D

images

Still, with a decided majority of men as owners, we like our toys, and gadgets to go with them.

While we're talking about the future of the Triumph lineup -- maybe they should offer some in pink.

Back