Darron1117

Supercharged
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hey Rocketeers,

Thinking about buying the Roadster windshield (23in. wide-18in. tall) for my 2012.
Any issues and does it protect well?
Already have front fixing kit on bike because of having sports screen.

Thanks,

Would that make me a Rocketeer and a Mouseketeer? I keep my 'larger' windshield on in the winter months and any distance over 250 miles a day. Usually I just use the Sportscreen for local rides. For me it works really well in the cold and you don't get beat up as bad on longer rides with the larger windshield.

I've ridden with the OEM, the Clearview and the 7Jurrock shields on my 2012 R3R.
Check out the 7Jurrock. Tis the best bang for the buck:
Motorcycle Windshields

Note: I now run a giant fly and find it tolerable for cross country rides.
It adds 10 mph to my top speed and it looks WAY better!
If you have the mounting hardware, come up here and I'll give you my 7Jurrock so you can try it. :laugh:

F86D3150-5DDC-4F7D-A8D6-BCB8C9D1C56E.JPG 4C60088A-1F4A-4246-9275-E9B41D6F55FC.JPG F86D3150-5DDC-4F7D-A8D6-BCB8C9D1C56E.JPG IMG_0370.JPG Windvest

349D7B0C-FF27-446F-8DAD-78964B52297D.JPG 4C60088A-1F4A-4246-9275-E9B41D6F55FC.JPG This is the Windsvest 14 X 16
This is Windvest 16 x 16 1/2

The best id the small 14 x16. The best protection/drag compromise. The 7Jurock look great and the stock look great but the bike tends to kit a high speeds, not so with the small Windvest. The least turbulence... the 14 x 16. The best protection/turbulence compromise Windvest 16 x16. You will need lowers. Mine are FHL, 10 min insistall. 50$

Last edited:
Thanks.
What did you have to do to fit the Harley lowers?
I've ridden with the OEM, the Clearview and the 7Jurrock shields on my 2012 R3R.
Check out the 7Jurrock. Tis the best bang for the buck:
Motorcycle Windshields

Note: I now run a giant fly and find it tolerable for cross country rides.
It adds 10 mph to my top speed and it looks WAY better!
If you have the mounting hardware, come up here and I'll give you my 7Jurrock so you can try it. :laugh:
Thanks.
Any idea where to buy shield hardware to put on because they say without hardware.
I have front fixing kit.

Would that make me a Rocketeer and a Mouseketeer? I keep my 'larger' windshield on in the winter months and any distance over 250 miles a day. Usually I just use the Sportscreen for local rides. For me it works really well in the cold and you don't get beat up as bad on longer rides with the larger windshield.
How about a Rocmousekateer?

Thanks.

Thanks.
Any idea where to buy shield hardware to put on because they say without hardware.
I have front fixing kit.

Front fixing kit is what you need.

Thanks.

Thanks.
I have front fixing kit.

The fixing kit gives you a mount point on the front fork. Just one on each side will do for the lowers. The 7Jurock is meant to replace a stock shield and use the stock steel pieces to mount theirs.

The fixing kit gives you a mount point on the front fork. Just one on each side will do for the lowers. The 7Jurock is meant to replace a stock shield and use the stock steel pieces to mount theirs.
I think I will order the lowers.
Did you have to drill anywhere to fit them?
I notice the lowers have that half slot-half hole on the top and a regular hole on the bottom.
Do they both line up with the front fixing kit/
I would buy the 7Jurock but having trouble finding the pieces that come on the stock windshield.
The chrome pieces that mount across the front of the windshield.
Doesn't the 7Jurock only come pre-drilled with no extras?

Thanks,

I’m on a Touring, but like others I have the windshield to reduce fatigue during longer rides. I have the shorter 16” shield for summer and taller 24” for the cooler months.

Back