OEM Vs Clearview windshields

Rocket_Rider

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring 2018
Had my R3T in recently for dyno tuning, good news is 146rwhp

bad news.... they scratched the windshield

so I have a choice of pay for the work or buy a new windshield... they are quoting me the same money either way... apart from the fact I feel like they’re trying to rip me off for their mistake and I have to have that out with them,

I am now wondering do I get an OEM windshield or a clearview windshield??
Experiences?

Had my R3T in recently for dyno tuning, good news is 146rwhp

bad news.... they scratched the windshield

so I have a choice of pay for the work or buy a new windshield... they are quoting me the same money either way... apart from the fact I feel like they’re trying to rip me off for their mistake and I have to have that out with them,

I am now wondering do I get an OEM windshield or a clearview windshield??
Experiences?
Just replaced mine with a Clearview. Went a little taller and wider with the recurve and the 5 way vent. Quite impressed. Recurve took away the buffeting and can already tell that the vent is gonna pay for itself when it gets hot here. For what it's worth, I'd recommend it.

Clearview is better than stock, but I still experience buffeting (I'm 5'6"), but probably not quite as bad as with the original. Supposedly, a lot of the buffeting comes from the sides past the forks.

So no ones had issues with fitment? No issues with bolt holes being incorrect or anything like that?
I think there were 11 bolts and every one lined up perfect. My buddy has a Classic (I think an '09) and his lined up perfectly too. A little different set up than mine, so they must have it dialed in.

I have Clearviews on my '06 Classic and on my '08 Touring. Have the wide, vented recurve on the Classic. Have the wide non-vented and non-recurve on the Touring. Both do the job and holes line up but the Touring shield took a little more tweaking/flexing to get the "fixings" installed. I would have gotten the vented for the Touring too but my original shield came with the Triumph leather accessory bag mounted right where the vent would go and I did not want to give up the bag. Very handy spot for a blade, iPod, garage remote, etc.

Last edited:
Back