Mike and Nomad.JPG

That little dog Buddy just loves to ride on that bike. The poor little guy is about 14 now, blind and near deaf.

Mike has a home on acreage in St Mary's Georgia and a house & shop on acreage not far from me. He can do anything from build a house to rebuilding a bike or car engine. He's got 3 Nomad 1500s, one with about 130k on it. Mike's idea of a nice ride is to go from Georgia up to New Hampshire to visit friends and then to Washington state. He camps and rarely gets a motel, another reason I don't ride long range with him.

Mike and his dog is just way to cool. Ya gotta love a dog. Two peas in a pod and one of a kind. I looks like you have a good friend.

Received my wind deflectors yesterday. Opening the package took longer than it did to affix them. I'd take them for a ride but we still have too much snow in front of the garage and my shop.

Wind Deflectors.JPG

Once I get out on the road I'll know if I need to adjust their position.

Received my wind deflectors yesterday. Opening the package took longer than it did to affix them. I'd take them for a ride but we still have too much snow in front of the garage and my shop.

Wind Deflectors.JPG

Once I get out on the road I'll know if I need to adjust their position.

I Like, but...Same as I told English Tim @Navigator, they are on upside down except he had his on backwards a well. Flip them to the opposite sides. They should be like this (Pictures) with the wider part up. However, you can run them that way if you like. More pictures provided. ;):):cool::inlove:laugh:

Attachments

• Deflector 1.jpg
    Deflector 1.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 20170304_144230 (2).jpg
    20170304_144230 (2).jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Ricks Screenshot.jpg
    Ricks Screenshot.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 1
Yes, I recalled how Tim had them and your comment while I was mounting them.

I held them up both ways before affixing and tightening them. This way just seemed to have the greatest area of protection in front of the hands. I tossed the allen wrench into my windscreen pouch and planned to ride this week and assess the wind protection each way to include moving them up and down. They mount/remove so easily and quickly I thought I'd experiment a bit.

Yes, I recalled how Tim had them and your comment while I was mounting them.

I held them up both ways before affixing and tightening them. This way just seemed to have the greatest area of protection in front of the hands. I tossed the allen wrench into my windscreen pouch and planned to ride this week and assess the wind protection each way to include moving them up and down. They mount/remove so easily and quickly I thought I'd experiment a bit.

This is my take on it so give this some thought. Just like the lowers on your forks they become slightly larger at the top. All lowers I have ever seen get bigger at the top. The idea is to have air move up and be forced up and to the outside by the larger area. Your knuckles, tops of your hands and forearms need to have less air flow to stay warm. You finger tips are curled around the grips and actually receive next to no air flow below with the deflectors mounted . Thus, the reason I think they should go wider side up.

One other thing I have discovered that everyone should try If they haven't is... put some terry cloth sweat / wrist bands on your wrists in cold weather. It traps warmth around the superficial arterys that are located on the underside of your wrists and helps feed your hands warmer blood. With all that said, I say...do whatever makes your boat float because.... That's why we all..Bedifferent.

Last edited:
That's why we all..Bedifferent.
I'm not!.

I could not quite bring myself to go as far as Hippo-Hands etc. I like to see the controls. Silly? - maybe.
I know a few adapted Triumph Tiger off road guards. But at the time that seemed a bit radical to me.

For a while I ran with Acerbis Dual Road guards but whilst OK for 3 season use, winter was pushing it.

I was looking at the Tucano-Urbano short cuff neoprene muffs, but I saw the Barkbuster BBZ on offer and fitted them over the Acerbis. I can happily wear summer gloves all year. I don't if it looks wet, but could.

Now they are - I admit - not an aesthetic gain. And I do believe they add to the turbulence on jacket sleeves a bit. But it's a small price to pay.

Last edited:
@Bedifferent

First I think you have a couple of quality products.

Second your price is more than fair. I bought an Xcreen for my Rocket and it was about 150.00 with the clamp on kit and you are providing double the hardware since it affixes to both sides. If you are happy with the product at $135.00 fine, but you could be in the $150.00-$175.00 area easy. A hobby for friends is fun. Business is work. These are easily universal.

Third question is about this forum. Why do we not have a Vendors area for stuff like this? It would be much easier to find and I really like supporting like minded people.

I have a cross over coming from Paul Bryant that should be here in the next couple of weeks and I am on pins and needles with anticipation.

This is my take on it so give this some thought. Just like the lowers on your forks they become slightly larger at the top. All lowers I have ever seen get bigger at the top. The idea is to have air move up and be forced up and to the outside by the larger area. Your knuckles, tops of your hands and forearms need to have less air flow to stay warm. You finger tips are curled around the grips and actually receive next to no air flow below with the deflectors mounted . Thus, the reason I think they should go wider side up.

One other thing I have discovered that everyone should try If they haven't is... put some terry cloth sweat / wrist bands on your wrists in cold weather. It traps warmth around the superficial arterys that are located on the underside of your wrists and helps feed your hands warmer blood. With all that said, I say...do whatever makes your boat float because.... That's why we all..Bedifferent.

Went out to dinner with some friends last night and afterward I went out to the shop and took another close look and considered effects of moving them up and down a bit to maximize protection. Hmmm. Will flip them this morning before heading out on a trial run.

@Bedifferent

First I think you have a couple of quality products.

Second your price is more than fair. I bought an Xcreen for my Rocket and it was about 150.00 with the clamp on kit and you are providing double the hardware since it affixes to both sides. If you are happy with the product at $135.00 fine, but you could be in the $150.00-$175.00 area easy. A hobby for friends is fun. Business is work. These are easily universal.

Third question is about this forum. Why do we not have a Vendors area for stuff like this? It would be much easier to find and I really like supporting like minded people.

I have a cross over coming from Paul Bryant that should be here in the next couple of weeks and I am on pins and needles with anticipation.

Thanks @BillyIndiana I appreciate the kind words.

I never planned on getting rich.. in fact on my original post I have a pattern and told everyone how go make their own. If you actually do it, you will find out how much work it can really be. I never even planned on making them, but as long as people would like a set and I can still buy the material I'll continue to do so.

Some stuff priced for bikes is just insane. I priced them to cover my time and effort, but I didn't want to be greedy. Still, you can't spend your time making something for free. Any business (If I can call this a business) or hobby is work like you say. I just want people to be happy with what they get. Being kind of a hobby I just wish I was better equipped to make them.

You must be on the same order schedule as me because I'm waiting on that same crossover from Paul. Last I heard they were off for apowder coating. We should be getting them soon.

Back