OK - thin. Unsharpened kitchen knife thin?
Yep, this thin! Follow top edge - the edges are kinked forward as they come. The lower unsupported bit does flex back a liitle at speed with air pressur but no flutter/vibration or notice change in performance -. As you can see my bracket mount is quite high on the blade but lower tapers sharply which would also reduce flex back etc with less surface area for wind resistance.

Link Removed
Link Removed

Last edited:
120 mph for miles on end and no problems at all. If you like put extra or longer brackets on for none, only the bottom flexes back a little at very high speed the folded outer edges strengthen it where it matters.

And re weight and ease of fitting etc.
No, not heavy, and you do not even have to touch the wiring, the indicator cables extend that far when tugged gently and go back when I put them back on stock fixing point with no mod required at all when I swap out for Flyscreen in Summer. They come off in one piece with the screen/s all with just the 4 Fork Fixing Kit bolts and the 2 nuts holding the indicator stalks which stay firm even at 120mph. Just lean the whole screen/s combo in a corner until next winter re-install.

I have lowers I made myself from Kevlar/Nomex sandwich. No flex at all and very light. But based on some recent tests I am wondering if a bit of flex is a good thing or not.

Buy a pair try them out and if you do not like, mount them sticking out like aircraft wings with a good sharpened front edge for the coming 'Zombie Apocalypse'. May the 'splatter and spray' begin! ;):D:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Hmmm - Not sure if Flex is good or bad - Thinking.

Didn't really consider this issue too much when fitting but it is possible the 4 black rubber washers I used with each blade bracket assist with any vibration but I believe the blades stay in flexed tension with wind pressure not a vibration causing 'flutter'.

Back