Well, they do boost high compression engines like the busa's but I don't think the Rocket's rods, pistons, maybe crankshaft will handle it (didn't Echo Cycle's first crazy turbo Rocket blow its crank apart?). Gonna need stronger replacements or just do either boost or cams, not both. The power the supercharger makes alone is scary already.

Small displacement engines like a Hyabunga cylinders are less affected by high comp + boost, since they are only 250-330 cc's in size, compared to the 770cc of the Rock. I mean, one cylinder has an area bigger than the entire area of 750 GSX...

I wanted to boost my modded 11.2 comp 5.7 LS1 corvette (423 RWHP NA) and my tuner was like....NO!!!! eating what would have been $8-10K more in his pocket.

Anything can be done for the right amount of $$$ but will it be worth the loss in driveability???

I think it will be difficult to get more than 80 RWHP per liter unless you rev the engine to an area it was not meant to be. Even at 7K I think this engine is being pushed, and there is very little power up there, just revs.

If the engine was designed to spin higher harder with bigger everything, maybe. I just think 180+/- SAE RWHP is the benchmark unless some real exotic and expensive pieces start showing up...

MiamiDave said:
I think it will be difficult to get more than 80 RWHP per liter unless you rev the engine to an area it was not meant to be. Even at 7K I think this engine is being pushed, and there is very little power up there, just revs.

If the engine was designed to spin higher harder with bigger everything, maybe. I just think 180+/- SAE RWHP is the benchmark unless some real exotic and expensive pieces start showing up...
The new one Nev will be working on with Murry will rev to 7,500rpm.It will have lighter pistons and gudgeon pins and what ever else.200+Hp

"The new one Nev will be working on with Murry will rev to 7,500rpm.It will have lighter pistons and gudgeon pins and what ever else.200+Hp..."

JD, that sounds pretty exotic to me :shock:

MiamiDave said:
"The new one Nev will be working on with Murry will rev to 7,500rpm.It will have lighter pistons and gudgeon pins and what ever else.200+Hp..."

JD, that sounds pretty exotic to me :shock:
Sounds good I reckon,I just wish I had the spare $$$$$ :x

JD, Nev, cut it out! I've got my credit card out ready to order more stuff.
You know, just the other day I thought I was satisfied with 160HP, but now I'm thinking I need high compression lighter pistons and larger cams.
I have to say, my bike is running better than ever with the new cams.
Now I'm wondering, if I crack this thing open for the new pistons and flow the head, will I ruin the reliability of my bike? What about larger throttle bodies? I have a headache. :x

Re: chinese whispers again.

Nev said:
.Miami if you think there we have no pwr at 7k a)ride the bike,b)look at the dyno charts. Having said that over about 7250 I believe reliability is a big issue in regular use.

Nev, unless I misread one of your emails, or you were referring to other cams, I'm going on by what you told me! You must have been referring to other cams :?:

So you are saying there is more power with your current cams/piston combos past 7K..? It seems the "cam only" guys power curve dips past 6K? I know there's more power than stock up there-but I meant is it still moving upward at 7K, or is that a different combo of parts?

I've done a lot of work with the Civic Type R K20 engine. Thats one of the best auto engines around, but to get big bhp still needs work, it won't be easy to get 200 wheel bhp and reliability. I agree with Nev rev's (piston speed is the limiter).

Back