10.5:1 piston & lush cams

I only get one day a week to work on this with my schedule. Worked on it this saturday, spent most of the day cleaning and working on the head. Did some mild porting on the head, nothing drastic. Just cleaned up the area around the exhaust valve guides and polished a little bit.

20190410_193815.jpg
20190409_165932.jpg

The valves where a little dirty but not bad for 30,000 miles. They cleaned up nicely.

20190411_192600.jpg
20190411_192402.jpg

After a good power wash cleaning, assembled head with new seals and springs.

20190412_213403.jpg
20180925_154435.jpg

Got the head and cam installed, ran out of time and cleaned up for the weekend. Taking longer than I planned but Being married and with a small child its hard to find time for the projects. Might find a couple hours this week to finish up the rest.

20190415_171013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have replaced the main bearing ladder bolts only when I had to buy the complete gasket set (with bolts) many years ago before they were available separately. We have re-used them every time since and have never once had an issue, even with 240ft lb forced induction engines. How did you go with the short turn of the inlet ports?

I have replaced the main bearing ladder bolts only when I had to buy the complete gasket set (with bolts) many years ago before they were available separately. We have re-used them every time since and have never once had an issue, even with 240ft lb forced induction engines. How did you go with the short turn of the inlet ports?

I wish I had taken pictures of the intake inside radius. There was a small lip on all of the short turn radius's , just took enough off too blend it in.

20190415_193836.jpg

Tried taking a picture with the head on the bike, hard to see what I did from this angle. I hardly took any off. I think you can ruin a head if you mess with part to much. It literally took two minutes to touch this up on all six.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had this running now for a few weeks, using pcv with autotune to tune it. It definitely has more power, but how much more I don't know the numbers yet. I'm not completely done tuning it with the auto-tune. I've gone a few hundred mile trips the last few weeks so its close but not done yet.

Did get to race my brothers Gen ll V-max. It was close from a 60mph roll up to 140mph. He got me by about two bikes lengths by the time we hit 140mph.

During assembly reading the manual, it says to replace the main bearing ladder bolts. Have any of you reused them? I thought I had ordered all the parts needed for the piston change but I miss this. Looks like I will be waiting on the bolts to finish the job :banghead:

those of us who installed or had pro install the nev kit are positively smiling whenever the light turn green..:D

Back