Wilbers Front Fork Springs

hombre

Nitrous
Dropped Wilbers front fork springs in today, and am very pleased with the new spring rate. I use Wilbers rear shocks that have been re-set for the CF wheel mass by Klaus at Wilbers, but the stock Triumph front fork springs would "sag" in fast sweeping corners. The Wilbers front springs are much stronger and better matched to the rear shocks now... IMO better handling all-round. :D

:gp:

I concur. Maybe we should remind the readership that, unlike the OEM springs, the Wilbies are progressive and that they require a thicker oil (twice as thick as specified in the Rocket's manual, from memory). Besides reducing sagging in fast corners, as you correctly point out, these springs provide :

* much better front-end braking stability.
* an almost perfect match for Wilbers rear shocks (or other firmer-than-standard units)
* durability, i.e. they don't seem to age. After 20'000, the standard springs had perceptibly softened on my my machine.

10 out of the 30-some members of my Rocket owners club (the RCE) have switched to Wilbers springs !

Best. Jamie

PS. Again: Congrats on your carbon wheels

Jamie, I should have suspected that you were running Wilbers. Something to do with the Swiss demand for precision I'm sure! ;)

BTW, I love your new paint! It's one of the sharpest combinations I've seen.

Make sure Gregor lets you test ride the new CF wheels on his Palatina. :cool:

Last edited:
I paid $798 USD for a set of rear Wilbers in May 2006, but the USD has weakened considerably since then. If that sounds expensive, remember that they are setup for your precise weight (rider + gear + bike) and riding style. The front fork springs are currently $129 USD, and include new fork oil.

Wilbers X'mas Offer

Being on Wilbers' mailing list (but NOT on their payroll), I want to share the following with you: There is a special Christmas offer going on, at least in Europe (?), with special prices on shocks and springs (or better yet, on complete fore and aft set-ups) + a free booklet on suspension management. Contact www.wilbers.de for details, under "Aktion Weihnachtfest" . And, BTW, Wilbers HQ's now speak acceptable english as well as...er... fluid german;)

Jamie:cool:

Last edited:
Being on Wilbers' mailing list (but NOT on their payroll), I want to share the following with you: There is a special Christmas offer going on, at least in Europe (?), with special prices on shocks and springs (or better yet, on complete fore and aft set-ups) + a free booklet on suspension management. Contact www.wilbers.de for details, under "Aktion Weihnachtfest" . And, BTW, Wilbers HQ's now speak acceptable english as well as...er... fluid german;)

Jamie:cool:

Acceptable English........................what's dat?

Sagging springs.....it's all in the metallurgy. Guess thats why the American automotive companies almost exclusively use German made steel for their exterior body panels and that's made Thyssen/Krupp the leader in cabinet grade sheet material.:)

Back