Who bought their Rocket from new and why did you choose it?

I was simply looking for a "decent" usable bike for me and Mrs B. Mrs B. was not happy on the Buell S3 and the Guzzi was/is old and really at it's limit two up in modern traffic - especially motorway. I had bought a "Grey Import" Harley to test "the myth" - but it was not doing Motorways well enough.

I would to be honest have considered anything that was fine to ride solo and comfy for Mrs B. I was actually very keen to have a Victory Vision Tour, but it was pushing the price envelope too far. I doubt I would gone for a Wing. ST1300 maybe. Guzzi Norge would have been OK but too small two up.

By sheer chance I was in Segovia and saw a Triumph sign and popped in. "My" 2009 R3 in the showroom did not actually belong to the dealer - it was showroom filler that belonged to Triumph Spain. The dealer also had a Roadster - that was his. As I walked in the dealer was putting down the phone - Triumph had called and authorised him to sell theirs off "cheap". Took it for a quick ride and then went home and pleaded with Mrs B. Dealer gave me a great price on the Harley too. Mrs B. has been on the back maybe 5 times in 8 years. :rolleyes:

We all know the Rocket is the best bike second to none - although we may have others for different reasons but what made you choose it?

I'd been riding sports bikes for about 40 years. I fancied a change but didn't want to lose out on power or top end as many "cruisers" lose power about a ton. Loss of power IMO means loss of grunt. Reading specs, I decided to try the Rocket and am still grinning 4 years later.
A few reasons, but one of the main ones was a decent rear seat for the pillion. Low centre of gravity. Hight torque engine that makes carrying a pillion easier.

Saw the Rocket back in about 08 and liked the look of it. Fast forward to Dec 2012 and I was looking to update from the Blackbird, went into the Triumph dealer and test rode a second hand older Rocket. The rest is history, back to the shop and brought a brand new Roadster.

Fell in love my first sight in a bike magazine. Bought my first, a leftover 05 Standard in 06. Put 122,000 K on it. Bought a 14 Touring in 14. Still in love. I own 4 other bikes but non compare. Actually my first Rocket cost $22,800- Canadian in 06. My Touring cost $18,500- Canadian, go figure?

After being bombarded by the heavy advertising campaign that Triumph was running........
Oh yeah! Time to wake up.
I’d heard rumours that Triumph were coming out with a big cruiser and I was looking for a replacement for my ‘94 Sprint so I went in to my dealer and asked to be put on the waiting list. I was told that there was no such a bike. About 6 months later they called me and said Triumph had just announced, at a dealer meeting, that a big new cruiser was coming so I was first on the list. Eventually after what seemed like an eternity I heard that actual bikes had arrived in North America. Then I got lucky( not so much for the journalist) when, on a Canadian press introduction, someone wrote off the only Rocket in Canada! The public introduction was only just over a week away at the Parry Sound sport bike rally. The nearest dealer to the rally was mine. A few days later I got a call telling me that the truck from Georgia had arrived and there were two Rockets on it, both red. They were assembled and, long story short (too late?) I rode my bike to the sport bike rally and was a celebrity for a day. I ended up with the first Rocket III in Canada and was told that it was number 12 off the line. That was in July 2004.

Back