Who bought their Rocket from new and why did you choose it?

Was riding from the age of 13 motocross started with a yz 100 then rm 250 and 400.Then got me licence and bought a yamaha rd 250lc and finally a rd 500lc [wish i still had them now] then had kids bought a house. Kids grew up me time wanted something powerful but comfortable.Being a big lad sports bikes where out of the question thought cruiser biggest i could find stumbled across rocket on ebay fell in love happy ever after :) Oh! second hand wish i could have afforded brand new

HD rider from the late 80's, have loved the ride and my rides throughout, no complaints on any score really. A member of my local Chapter had an R3 and loved it and that thing would fly so, when I was feeling a bit bored waiting for Spring to finally show up I took a test ride on an R3R that was on sale at a local dealer. I loved the look and the essence of the bike: bold and powerful with its own identity and exuding a sense of "bring it," without gadgets and electronic crap that has little to do with real riding IMO and which represents only potential distractions for me. Then I twisted the throttle and the deal was closed :)

I started out looking at an Indian Springfield in 2016. At a price of around $24,000.00.
In November of 2016 Ema and I went up to Chicago to the Brutal Bobber Tour.
The next day we went over to Windy City Triumph in St. Charles to look at a Thunderbird LT for $17,000.00
I liked the T-Bird but we were looking at a bike for touring and I did not like the soft bags.
Ema was 3 or 4 bikes down the row and said,"Honey I like this red one." Who am I to tell my wife no?
It was a 2015 R3T with 26 miles on it and a sticker price of $14,500.00?
After talking to the sales guy Corey I found out the bike had been removed from a dealer Triumph had dropped, but since the bike had been put together it could not be sold as "New" even though it only had 26 miles on it and came with a full warranty.
Then he took off an additional $500.00 because I was a veteran, stored the bike the rest of the winter and delivered it to my house 3 hours away for free the next spring.

My best friend Kevin ended up buying the T-Bird I went to look at. (he just put hard bags on it)

I was at the right place at the right time.

Then I found this site. Another Blessing

58709_111f18530238cc3d8fc883761240299a.jpg

Attachments

• 58709_111f18530238cc3d8fc883761240299a.jpg
    58709_111f18530238cc3d8fc883761240299a.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
My lady wont ride with me anymore..."You go too fast!"...and.."Who would look after the dogs if we had an accident?"...."My jacket wont fit me now!''..."who will pay the bills if we fall off?", yet we go to Rarotonga on holiday and get on the wee scooter and buzz around...often with the odd pina colada onboard!...:banghead:

Attachments

• 20170917_141006.jpg
    20170917_141006.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 1
Thats what it comes down to alot of the time isnt it Billy...plus having a great lady beside you..
That's a cool story...warms the heart..

Yes it is, but it is also sad.
Every time I take the Rocket on a group ride she is the center of attention. That is why I put so much effort to make sure she is spotless.
She is so much more than anything else out there. We all know the questions.

If only triumph was as good at marketing as well as they can build a bike.

Back