Which Garage Dolly is Best?

Rocket3Pilot

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket III Roadster
Just bought a new house with a 2 car garage. YEA!:) First order of business was having a pro come in and resurface the concrete and seal it with a beautiful epoxy coat! So now I'm ready to purchase a dolly for the rocket so I can turn her around with ease and scootch her over in the winter to get all the other stuff in.
Which is better, the full rail type dolly, or the one with just the rear wheel and kickstand pad? What are the pros and cons of each style? Thanks

I was so concerned about this when I first started lurking before buying the bike, I wanted to have a good idea I'd have a back-up if needed. As time went on, I got more comfortable with the bike, so now the dolly is an essential part of making all my bikes fit in our one-car garage. The search function is a wonderful thing.

Backing down the driveway ?

I used to keep this one in the garage until I accidentally backed over her.... :(

IMG_1982.JPG

I'm a huge fan of the one and only...

a88c8cfb40bbe8ce11be0592b6f4a8ee.jpg

The mechanical versions comes down to personal choice based upon the nature of the job you want it to do. plenty of good options ranging from about 60 bucks to, uh, how much do you want to blow? And, no, not in the sameway that RKTNMYPKT blows up his dolly!:banghead:

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of the one and only...

a88c8cfb40bbe8ce11be0592b6f4a8ee.jpg

The mechanical versions comes down to personal choice based upon the nature of the job you want it to do. plenty of good options ranging from about 60 bucks to, uh, how much do you want to blow? Not in the way that RKTNMYPKT blows his dolly, i.e.!:banghead:

Is she in your garage now? Cuz if she is im coming over......

Just bought a new house with a 2 car garage. YEA!:) First order of business was having a pro come in and resurface the concrete and seal it with a beautiful epoxy coat! So now I'm ready to purchase a dolly for the rocket so I can turn her around with ease and scootch her over in the winter to get all the other stuff in.
Which is better, the full rail type dolly, or the one with just the rear wheel and kickstand pad? What are the pros and cons of each style? Thanks

the best one will be the one you build mine cost me $135 . caster wheels brackets and plywood ,works like a charm . seems I cannot upload it for you on this forum but believe me it is simple.

the best one will be the one you build mine cost me $135 . caster wheels brackets and plywood ,works like a charm . seems I cannot upload it for you on this forum but believe me it is simple.

I like cheap too!

Just bought from local Aldi's supermarket this week the rectangular version below for Au$14.99 (US$11.25), rated at 250Kg. Thought it could be worth a try, plenty of room to slide a ratchet tiedown underneath to tie the rear wheel down. Will need to use a wedge ramp to get the R3R on but the Sprint 1050ST rear wheel should drop onto it from the centre stand. I think it will require blocks or a small paver or two under the sidestands so they are not at too much of a lean though.

upload_2017-2-5_16-22-20.png

Interesting. That one appears to be direct copy (or maybe the same one) of the one I purchased:

Motorcycle Dolly for Cruisers / Choppers | by Black Widow

Mine came complete -- no welding of seams (I don't know how to weld) -- and has served me well since I purchased the bike, going on three years ago.

I did notice the dolly slides on the floor, so to ensure reliable loading, I purchased some bags of lead shot from the local Izaak Walton League chapter, and use those to weigh down the far end, when riding on.

Bought 1 Cycle Glyder Motorcycle Dolly with Kickstand Platform. Liked it so much that I ended up ordering another one. Works great and easy to move around. Ordered from 2 Wheel World.

I would highly recommend these as I have had no problems at all.

Back