Would you consider having a Norton 961 in your garage?

You've got me thinking about bikes that are intriguing and worth a closer look.
Here's my current intrigue:

Rickman Metisse MK5 Café Racer
That looks like a really old school engine. It didn't appear to be street legal. One thing for sure is most of us aren't getting younger, healthier or richer.

Personally I tend try not to miss opportunities when they come up, the only thing I can't make more of is time.

That looks like a really old school engine. It didn't appear to be street legal. One thing for sure is most of us aren't getting younger, healthier or richer.

Personally I tend try not to miss opportunities when they come up, the only thing I can't make more of is time.
I have seen one in the flesh when it was first shown to the public in the UK a good while back, but I didn't look at it closely at that time. I have never seen one out in the wild, but I think that is understandable because they are a built to order bike, so very rare.
Somehow my attention has been drawn to Metisse and their products over the past month or so.
I'm going to have a ride down to visit them in the spring, to pander to my interest, and also to have a good ride on my Rocket 3. :cool:

Time, you say?........I think i've got a spare box of it at the back of the shed. I can send you some. Now wouldn't that be a thing, eh... 🤔 :thumbsup:

Nah!
But I would this one!

1951 MANX NORTON 350 SIDECAR RACER​

Genuine Manx Norton.
Model: MANX 30M
Engine: 500
EST - $12,000 -$18,000
AUCTION: MARCH 17TH

Head to www.doningtonauctions.com.au for more information.
03 9882 1433 mail@doningtonauctions.com.au
1705197512068.png

Nah!
But I would this one!

1951 MANX NORTON 350 SIDECAR RACER​

Genuine Manx Norton.
Model: MANX 30M
Engine: 500
EST - $12,000 -$18,000
AUCTION: MARCH 17TH

Head to www.doningtonauctions.com.au for more information.
03 9882 1433 mail@doningtonauctions.com.au
1705197512068.png
I like that, but I don't think I could get my wife to man the side car

I like that, but I don't think I could get my wife to man the side car
Get a big dog and strap him down.
My now departed Lab, Grub was a good sidecar weight but not a swinger! ;) :)
I had a red kelpie called Jake that loved motorcycles and side cars and learnt to counter balance on the chair like a swinger and lean with the bike when riding solo.
He used to sit on the back of my Guzzi Lemans at 190-200kmh or on the tank at 140kmh with his front legs on my arms with his head in the wind flapping a wet 8" tongue in your face. :cool: :)

I have seen one in the flesh when it was first shown to the public in the UK a good while back, but I didn't look at it closely at that time. I have never seen one out in the wild, but I think that is understandable because they are a built to order bike, so very rare.
Somehow my attention has been drawn to Metisse and their products over the past month or so.
I'm going to have a ride down to visit them in the spring, to pander to my interest, and also to have a good ride on my Rocket 3. :cool:

Time, you say?........I think i've got a spare box of it at the back of the shed. I can send you some. Now wouldn't that be a thing, eh... 🤔 :thumbsup:
I like your style👍

Back