What Your Clutch Fluid looks like at 20K - Also, Issues Restoring Pressure and Fixes

Found my shifting to be stiffer than normal so I watched your video on bleeding the clutch master cylinder and I had some air come out on my 2025 Rocket.

Noticed a lot of the fine black dirt coming out when I opened the bleeder as well so I filled it and sucked it out a bunch untill I stopped getting the dirt from the bleeder screw. Now it shifts much better than it has been.

Seems like it doesn't take the resivoir long to get dirty again since I just flushed it when I did my oil change 800 miles ago. I might try doing it to the brake resivour just to see if any sir comes out although the front brake feels good.
 
I bled the clutch when I did the valve adjustment not long ago. Here's what the fluid looks like just 8,000 miles later.... I wonder if these clutch and brake lines are just deteriorating.

IMG_9367.jpg
 
I bled the clutch when I did the valve adjustment not long ago. Here's what the fluid looks like just 8,000 miles later.... I wonder if these clutch and brake lines are just deteriorating.

IMG_9367.jpg
I mentioned this years ago here on forum somewhere when i opened my rocket radiator in 2023 that this fluid goes dark/bad way faster

something is going on with clutch fluid

but someone replied here that its because the clutch is being used way more than brake fluid hence black clutch fluid
 
Back
Top