What Kind of Man/Woman Rides a Rocket?

Had a New Bonneville in 1967 and 1968. When I read Cycle Worlds road test they stated " Rocket is the most powerful purpose built production bike EVER tested by CW", had to have one......
GetAttachment.jpg

Very nice photo! :thumbsup:
Zat the Badlands?

What kind of person is Rocket Classic, Touring, or Roadster rider/owner? I wouldn't go so far as to say we are a breed, but we definitely are a type and we most certainly have shared characteristics and backgrounds.

I am interested in learning about our different types and what we share in common. Are you an early adopter or gran class cruiser who had seen it all? - or one of the hold outs finally riding a Rocket having submitted to the dark side at last?

I think the Rocket Roadster rider is often someone who is at times surprised that they are a Rocket person. I know I am. I am a career sport bike rider/dirt bike rider. I never thought I would ride one of these diabolical bikes from hell. But here I am. Deep in to my id expression. Maybe a Rocket Roadster rider is someone who is not as self aware as she/he should be.

I definitely love to crush a throttle, I can tell you that much. What kind of person do you think rides the beast?

For me it was seeing myself on a Ducati Testastretta monster on the video the police took of me to do me for speeding. Realised the monster was starting to look a little small underneath a late middle aged fat bastard so decided a change was required. Somewhat along the lines of "does this Monster look a bit small up my Arse Mildred?"

Had ridden Harley's and they were slow and then came across the mental Rocket and thought that will do for me. Never looked back!

Scientifically speaking, Dr G, our Rockets do enable their users to explore - at will - the fringes of the space-time continuum, which should, of course, only be done with the utmost care!:thumbsup:

I bought my first Rocket in 2005 , actually my Lady Blue is my third one ! I wanted to change my carb 96 Tiger and I saw a grey one in the dealer shop . I was not allowed to test it , the dealer told that it were dangerous to test one on a rainy day ! But I bought her ! I change the gear pedal to the right and brake pedal to the left ( all my bikes are so since my 48 years of driving licence )
Here in France the average age of Rocket Riders is around 50 years old and up . The English and German Riders are a little younger . I made all the English , German and French Rocket Runs . I ride ASAP even during winter times . I built some attachements in order to put skis on Lady Blue so I can ride on the snow . I went to the Dark side and never go back to Metzeler . If the snow is to thick I can put chains on the rear mud & snow car tire and I made my special chain for the front wheel .
alors on a du se voir a bad bruckenau en 2010 !! j'avais a l'epoque la seule R3 jaune avec une plaque mineralogique canadienne sur le parking de l'hotel

bonne route.

I bought a rocket coz I'm not man enough for a real bike #harleydavidson

alors on a du se voir a bad bruckenau en 2010 !! j'avais a l'epoque la seule R3 jaune avec une plaque mineralogique canadienne sur le parking de l'hotel
bonne route.

Exactly what I was thinking, Patrick!

I've been riding for 30+ years and had a Vulcan 900 Custom that I loved and a 6'3" wife that I tolerated. She barked for a full season about getting a bigger bike so she could have a proper passenger seat (with the idea being a Voyager so she would have a trunk as well).
At the last second, sarcasm kicked in and I decided to come home on the biggerest bike there is, so now I have a Rocket and a 6'3" ex wife. Or, as we call it around here, a "Win-Win".
:D

Back