What Kind of Man/Woman Rides a Rocket?

Charles Bozonier

RUNS LIKE A ROLLS ROYCE NOW!
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket Roadster 3
What kind of person is Rocket Classic, Touring, or Roadster rider/owner? I wouldn't go so far as to say we are a breed, but we definitely are a type and we most certainly have shared characteristics and backgrounds.

I am interested in learning about our different types and what we share in common. Are you an early adopter or gran class cruiser who had seen it all? - or one of the hold outs finally riding a Rocket having submitted to the dark side at last?

I think the Rocket Roadster rider is often someone who is at times surprised that they are a Rocket person. I know I am. I am a career sport bike rider/dirt bike rider. I never thought I would ride one of these diabolical bikes from hell. But here I am. Deep in to my id expression. Maybe a Rocket Roadster rider is someone who is not as self aware as she/he should be.

I definitely love to crush a throttle, I can tell you that much. What kind of person do you think rides the beast?

OK, I'll bite.
For me, tis not so much psychology as necessity that drew me to the Rocket.
I have always loved good handling, tons of twisties and mucho speed.
At 69, injuries, age and overall decrepit body forced me off sport bikes 12 years ago.
Rode a V2K for 80+K miles and then found the Roadster! Best road gun for me I have found to date.

OK, I'll bite.
For me, tis not so much psychology as necessity that drew me to the Rocket.
I have always loved good handling, tons of twisties and mucho speed.
At 69, injuries, age and overall decrepit body forced me off sport bikes 12 years ago.
Rode a V2K for 80+K miles and then found the Roadster! Best road gun for me I have found to date.
it would appear rocket riders are kind of shy when it comes to explain that desire to ride the mean beast except you naturally!!..me I always wanted to ride a farm machine hence the JD SPECIAL

I have owned Susuki's, Yamaha's, Honda's and my last bike was a Road King Classic. I really never heard much about Rockets. My best friend bought a Roadster and I couldn't believe how much power it had. My Harley had a stages 1,2&3 done to it. I thought that bike was quick for such a large bike. One ride on my buddie's Rocket and I was looking for a rocket. Just noticed that Rockets came in a touring model. I had to drive from southern MI to Pittsburg PA but I found the bike I wanted. I can't find anything that a Harley has over my R3T. Speed, power comfort and ease of maintenance. One last comparison, price. 2/3 the cost of a inferior Harley.

Bought mine in 2009.. when we lived up in Darwin, Northern Territory.. back then it was open speed limit outside of city and no demerit points :thumbsup: traded in my 2007 FXD after riding my mates Rocket. Liked the way the Rocket sat on the road at speed .. was jack of dodging potholes , ruts in the road on the Harley.

I like my vehicles/toys to be a bit different from the masses as well as powerful and the R3R is both. Among other bikes, I have a H-D Fat Bob that I really like but the R3R is just at another level of performance. Whenever I am am at a gathering of bikes, I like to stand in the vicinity and watch/listen to folks stopping to look at it and their consistently positive comments. There's nothing else quite like it and I always have a $hit-eating grin after I ride it and feel the awesome performance even in its stock form..

I gave up my 1999 Yamaha Venture after owning and customizing it for about 12 years. As I got deeper into "geezerdom" I found it was a bit too heavy for me. I looked at Road Kings and discovered that I liked the heft and lower center of gravity but did not like what you could get for the price. I sat on a R3 tourer and fell in love. I found a mint one up in Mass and had it shipped to me in Florida. My only issue is the fact that my knee failed and the bike sits until I get a replacement this spring.

So, in summary: it seems that most here with Rockets are older types with many years of experience. All types of bodies as well. Old and fat, young and fat, then there are the anomalies like Wrecka. Young studs to old bulls so to speak. :whitstling: A few women as well. (nope, none of them are fat...:eek:.I aint starting that thread). And we are pretty well spaced out around the world.

Getting older, getting fatter! ;)

Love the rocket day one. Would've had it in 05 if it hadn't been a ****ty dealer.

Think we probably are all A type personalities. I know I am. Seems like we all like: comfort, available power, and being different.

Back