What is the difference in the Model years

I am new here so I guess a little hazing was in order. ****ers.

Thanks for the good info that is exactly what I was looking for. It would be nice to find a low mile 2010 or later with a few mods all ready to go. Going to test ride a 2012 this weekend but really would like to find a good used one.

Test rode a Rocket at Sturgis back in 2005 and fell in love. Now I am finally ready to pull the trigger.

I wouldn't put too much sore in the claimed power increase with the Roadster. They were all black so they had to convince people they could keep up with the fatsest one of all - 2009 Claret Standard. They also changed the riding position with the pegs further back and lower and the seat is lower too. Some people like it (lord knows why) but others hate it. Can be fixed but is costly and not straightfoward even if you can arrange a swap. Best thing with the new Roadsters is that they come in colours rather than just undercoat or bed liner. ;)

Why are you guys lying to the new guy?
EVERYBODY knows they used obsolete parts in the red ones,
especially the ones with the grey engines.
Harleys are faster than most of those.
They only sold those to offload the bad parts...
But there is hope after all if ya get one of those,
they'll still outrun a harley, (sometimes).;)

Welcome to the site EVO.
Ya can't believe a lot of these guys,
they'll try to pull your leg if ya let em,
like saying red is as fast as black.

Welcome.

Now you are just getting silly. No way is a Harley faster than any color of Rocket.

Did not know about the relocation of the foot pegs. What year did that happen? I am only 5'-7" would that move help someone of my height or would that be the wrong direction. The 2005 I rode felt great but it was only a 25 minute ride.

Can you guys do 300-400 mile days comfortably on the Rocket?

So the only difference from 2010 to 2012 is colors and abs?

I thought I read somewhere that there was improvements in the rear shocks, clutch and shaft drive for 2012? Or did that happen in 2010?

2010 11 12 roadster has a upgraded shaft from the standard and classic . foot possition has moved back 100mm and down 20mm they changed the ECU springs are a little softer and they all have ABS

tourer has ABS in Australia from 2012 and 2013 as standard but its only an option in USA

Why are you guys lying to the new guy?
EVERYBODY knows they used obsolete parts in the red ones,
especially the ones with the grey engines.
Harleys are faster than most of those.
They only sold those to offload the bad parts...
But there is hope after all if ya get one of those,
they'll still outrun a harley, (sometimes).;)

Welcome to the site EVO.
Ya can't believe a lot of these guys,
they'll try to pull your leg if ya let em,
like saying red is as fast as black.

Welcome.

Skip Skip Skip, you can't argue with a scientific test

Back