What is the best way to cleanly install a USB power cord on a 2015 Rocket 3 Touring?

1Steve

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket Touring
I have seen comments on another thread that indicates the Touring might already have plug, I don't know where that is at? I'm guessing near the fuse box but unsure.
Also, how do I get it cleanly routed to the handlebars without duct taping it to the side of the tank?

It looks like one of the threads used to have good pics but I no longer see those so any good visual would help. I am not great at mechanicing type stuff. . .but I'm great at drinking a beer and chatting to the mechanically inclined as they fix things.

In other posts it looks like @maurice knows all. Would you mind weighing in for me? Thanks!

You have several options. Pull power off of the battery and then zip tie to the rails and bring up behind the in fill panel to the handlebars. Add an accessory plud at the left side behind the engine, the plug is there, you just have to punch out the hole and mount your plug. Put a USB plug in the power plug and run the wires under the tank to the handle bars. This is actually a pretty easy thing to do, you could probably drink a beer while you are doing it. That's about how long it will take. If you are near Southern NV you can come over and we will get it done.

bob

The Touring did not come with a lead and hole in infill panel to accept one.
I beg to differ. My 2014 Touring did have a plug behind the left side infill panel, and the dealer at the time suggested that would be an easy add for a 12V outlet, and there it is to this day. It was a little more work to have a second one added for the pillion and her winter warm gear.

I beg to differ. My 2014 Touring did have a plug behind the left side infill panel, and the dealer at the time suggested that would be an easy add for a 12V outlet, and there it is to this day. It was a little more work to have a second one added for the pillion and her winter warm gear.

You are correct. I need to stop answering on my phone, too many typos.

My 08 also has a lead to add a GPS that is at right front of tank.

Back