What do you consider ATGATT?

Helmet and gloves always, those are the two things that hit the ground first. Almost always a jacket, leather or textile. Jeans or Duluth firehose pants. 5.11 tactical vented boots for warmer weather and gasolina over the calves cafe boots.

images.jpg
Things you can't unsee... :confused:

Seriously? Anybody not wearing protective equipment is simply nuts! I've seen a kid on a skate board crash without a helmet and now he is very brain compromised.

What are people thinking that the most forgiving helmet are these days. A few years ago DOT was thought to be too stiff. While many accidents occurred at leas than 30mph, the helmets didn't absorb the impact. Wondering if the requirements have been changed to be more protective as lower speeds. Let's face it, you hit something at 50 mph or more, your head may be the least of your problems.

Hoopla

Seriously? Anybody not wearing protective equipment is simply nuts! I've seen a kid on a skate board crash without a helmet and now he is very brain compromised.

What are people thinking that the most forgiving helmet are these days. A few years ago DOT was thought to be too stiff. While many accidents occurred at leas than 30mph, the helmets didn't absorb the impact. Wondering if the requirements have been changed to be more protective as lower speeds. Let's face it, you hit something at 50 mph or more, your head may be the least of your problems.

Hoopla

Simple. What they think is that it will never happen to me.

I'll accept that many people think I'm nuts. I rode 30+ years without wearing a helmet except once in awhile in heavy rain. When I was 17-19 I worked 40 miles away from home . I owned a perfectly good car but still road the Yamaha to work in the rain. My Dad said "There's something wrong with that boy". I once met a guy from Corpus Christi, when he found out I was from Houston and ride everyday, he said"you must be nuts! An older lady where I'm working saw me coming in on a blistering cold day with helmet and jacket. She asked, "you're riding a motorcycle?" Of course. "YOU'RE CRAZY". Could they all be right? Maybe, but evertime I'm in the saddle (Motorcycle riding being therapeutic.) I'm getting the best treatment available. The only cure is death and that can happen no matter what you're wearing.
People say you should wear gear to mitigate the risk. That's like when a person gets "old"and try to extend their life. They stop eating what's good to them, stop participating in activities considered risky or dangerous, waste hours a day getting exercise etc. Once they make their life that boring and dull why the hell would they want extend it? Some people want to live no matter how miserable it is. Some people want to live even if it means they may die doing it.
Simple. What they think is that it will never happen to me.[/QUOTE
It's not that we don't think it will happen. It's that we don't think about it. And in some cases don't care.

I think most here feel the same as I do about what is ATGATT. But I do not always wear a full face helmet nor do I always wear long sleeves.
I've only crash a street bike twice (So it can't happen ever again right?) both times I wore a full face helmet. The first one did save my life with three significant head strikes.

Back