What do you consider ATGATT?

If I ride nude, it puts me over 250!

images.jpg

ATTGAT for me is simple.

LID: Full coverage lid with visor and sun visor. Flip front (when not riding) optional.

Gloves. Yes. And good ones. I have Kevlar lined leather with hard inserts, Kevlar lined mesh, Kevlar/leather unlined with hard inserts, Waterproof leather hard inserts, waterproof lined hard inserts, ------ I am fussy. (If I am in France - CE approved is a must legally) - Since fitting Barkbuster Artic hand protectors - really don't need winter gloves.The most comfy I have so far are Kevlar lined from Halvarssons in Sweden.

Next Trip to the UK I will be looking at KNOX HANDROID CE2 rated gloves with anti-fold-back-fingers.

Boots: Depends on the weather - but always. Usually Leather/Goretex and solid though good for walking.

Jacket - I have all sorts leather/aramid/lined/unlined/armoured/not - I prefer Leather generally (perforated leather where required) - GOOD ONES ).

Pants - Heavy Leather or fully Kevlar/Dyneema lined with protectors. I do have some part lined armoured chinos for VERY VERY hot days (45°C plus)

I do have 1 2pce armoured cordura suit which is more a comfort thing (useful if I need 3 layers of sweaters etc). But sees less and less use now.

Undies - Moto-Skivees for long trips - Along with knitted silk.

Always ATGATT after an off wearing jeans resulted in a nurse scrubbing out gravel from the gravel rash on my leg and hip! I said, "Cant you give me a local or do it a different way?", she said, "Yes, but you will remember better this way!!!" (She wouldn't get away with it nowadays, but that was the '80s!).

Since that day, I was exactly 17 yrs, 5 days, 13 hrs and 52 minutes old, its ATGATT!! Binned my B-King at about 90mph about 5 years ago and all my gear was trashed, I had a mild concussion and a broken bone in my hand, would have been a lot worse!! Landed head first, missed my brain by 6 feet!

Gear is Shoei XR1100 lid, Alpine Stars boots, Leather bike trousers, Leather or armoured textile jackets, Leather gloves with kevlar knuckles (good for car mirrors when they cut you up) or draggin kevlar jeans when its hot (2 days a year over here!).

BUT, it is the rider's choice, I do wince when I see Mr R1 with his shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops but that's his choice.

Back