What do you consider ATGATT?

I ride nekad...under my clothes of course: Modular full-face helmet, Klim goretex or Joe Rocket mesh jacket, leather gloves ranging from heated to fully ventilated, armored jeans or touring pants, and leather boots with reinforced toe/heel/sole. Could go more, but this is my git-up with sufficient protection and proven in more than one off.

Always ATGATT after an off wearing jeans resulted in a nurse scrubbing out gravel from the gravel rash on my leg and hip! I said, "Cant you give me a local or do it a different way?", she said, "Yes, but you will remember better this way!!!" (She wouldn't get away with it nowadays, but that was the '80s!).

Since that day, I was exactly 17 yrs, 5 days, 13 hrs and 52 minutes old, its ATGATT!! Binned my B-King at about 90mph about 5 years ago and all my gear was trashed, I had a mild concussion and a broken bone in my hand, would have been a lot worse!! Landed head first, missed my brain by 6 feet!

Gear is Shoei XR1100 lid, Alpine Stars boots, Leather bike trousers, Leather or armoured textile jackets, Leather gloves with kevlar knuckles (good for car mirrors when they cut you up) or draggin kevlar jeans when its hot (2 days a year over here!).

BUT, it is the rider's choice, I do wince when I see Mr R1 with his shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops but that's his choice.

Nothing has changed. I didn't get anything when they were picking gravel out of my leg either lol.

The 80's were obviously a good time for pysco nurses........... still bare the scars of a 70mph off on both buttocks lol

The nurse's seemed to take great pleasure from scrubbing the initial damage then coming back every day to rip off some kind of sterile dressing gauze making the wound bleed and regenerating the skin. Still ,better than a compound fracture.................

ED6223.png

That should cover it!

Helmet, compulsory. A mate of mine didn’t do so well when he fell over at 5mph and his head hit the curb. If he had his helmet on, he’d still be riding.
I wear glasses all the time so all my pairs have safety lenses.
Gloves, armoured. I have several depending on weather.
Leather jacket or vented textile jacket.
I have several different Kevlar pants/jeans.
Boots...only have 1 pair of proper motorcycle boots and I hate the. Usually wear leather boots that I wear for work, at least they cover the ankle.

Back