What do you consider ATGATT?

ABATE of Arizona fought for the right to not wear a helmet and to have your bars to be as tall as u want them to be.
do i like ape hangers no do i think it is safer to not wear a helmet no.
we fought for the right for mc riders to do what they want to their bikes and to choose what they want to wear.
as for me
a full face helmet
good boots
and a long sleeve shirt when it is 110 degrees:laugh::laugh:
in winter i add chaps/leather pants
leather jacker and gloves

we fought for the right for mc riders to do what they want to their bikes and to choose what they want to wear.
Was the fight worth it? -
5545442588_e6c0777a61_b.jpg

I think that may be the inspiration for the pink scooter @scot in exile

....its interesting reading all the points of views tho coming from each individuals experiences....I agree that when we choose to ride a motorcycle we have to believe our chances of getting hurt have just increased. The gear is only protection in as much as it can only protect skin, head, knee's hands etc...Riding safely and being aware of your surroundings as in other vehicles etc is the key.
Personally i wouldnt feel safe in a teeshirt and shorts on my Rocket, yet, in saying this, when i visit the Cook Islands, i ride a scooter in shorts, teeshirt and jandals!...DUH!..

20170917_141006.jpg

Was the fight worth it? -

well i guess u have to take the bad with the good
to me the perfect bar is down about two inches from the top of my shoulders. mine r close enough.
i have seen a few that they hang on i guess that is why they call them ape hangers:laugh::laugh:

Ariai Full Face Helmet
Gloves
Motorcycle Jacket
Full leather boots ( Danner)

From here I own a pair of Draggin Liners, I wear them under my jeans or my riding pants. This way if I decide to wear jeans I have full protection from a slide. I don’t find them hot in the heat of the summer.

Full face helmet - modular or fixed
Armored jacket w/ upgraded back protector (not the foam that comes with jackets), textile or mesh depending on weather
Leather gloves w/ knuckle / joint protection and palm sliders. Perfed or non-perfed depending on weather
Jeans with full coverage protection Bullit SR-6
Leather composite-toe Red Wings with lug sole
I'll run up and down my drive (~1/2 mile) w/o gear if I just fixed/tuned/altered a bike, but won't even get on county road w/o all of it.

I'm mid-50s, started riding ~5 years ago and am fully aware that I don't heal, bounce, move, bend like I did 30 years ago. If it is too to hot to wear the gear - it's too hot to ride

I always wear a helmet, gloves , boots, eye protection and at least jeans. On the Rocket the full face is my choice but on the Indians with fairings or windshield I prefer a half shell. I love full leather gear and my Langlitz isthe best but when it gets hot I go to a fishing shirt for sun protection.

I’ve got tons of gear and dress for the weather and cover up as much as is comfortable for me. I hardly ever judge another rider for his gear choice but I have seen riders with no eye wear at all going down the road and I think that is absolutely foolish. You don’t have to crash to damage an eye being hit by anything like a bug or debris.

Back