Western Australia Mechanics/Tuners

bopa54

3rd Time Lucky
Ride
85 GS1100G, 08 R1200RT, 07/15R3 Hybrid
Ok, it's time to ask the question again to All Western Australia based R3 owners.

Who do you use and recommend to Tune / twirl the spanners on your R3's, whether you have modified your bike or left it standard. Do they work with aftermarket equipment such as PCV or Tuneboy?
Dave in Toodyay is no longer in operation, so I have been looking for other options I am sure I am not alone and the information would be useful for all.
If they are in Albany or Geraldton let us know as the rade there and back can be part of the fun.

Looking forward to your replies

Well I can assume that we do not have many, if any in WA that other owners are prepared to recommend. Or they just want to keep them for themselves?

Well I have booked my R3 in for check over and Dyno tune on the 4/6/19 and will share the results with all of you after it is done (Maybe)

I get my parts from JCS...do the mech work myself and electric stuff is my dads area of expertise.

Ray Easson in Bayswater is a bit of a transmission guru and has helped me twice.

Where are you getting dyno time? I'm told there's a good set up in Myaree somewhere bit haven't had any first hand experience.

Shame Dave is no longer available. He was my go to guy. I have fiddled around with basics like lights, horn, seat, radiator grille, suspension, exhaust, oil and brakes but major internals......hmmmm, not yet. Good luck with your findings.

Picked the R3 up from Pro-Twin in Wangara, Justin has done a great job. It runs well in comparison to before even on the short blasts I have had, can't wait for the Perth weather to improve to really test it out.
To all the WA owners, I recommend Justin at Pro-Twin, great customer service nothing is to much trouble and has a great set up.

Forgot to mention the 2015 Rocket X motor was reading 120ish at the rear wheel and the graph was all over the place nothing smooth about it at all.
After Justin had finished it was reading 149ish at the rear wheel and the graph was pretty **** smooth.

Back