went to the dark side

I disagee with Preacher.
I think this bike is very nimble.

Maybe we just have a different standard that we use to judge what is nimble, and what isnt.

Good to hear from you preacher. ride safe buddy.

Ugly?

Of course it's ugly! It's my anti-theft look. :D

Actually, the welds are right. After getting my welder stolen, I just got an AC/DC from Harbor Freight and it will not hold an arc. The box tubing is so thin, and the heat goes up and down while welding, you will find portions melted clean through and portions globed up.

Hey, they call me tractor! :D

Tubing..

Darron:

'The welds are right'........I beg to differ with that. It's plainly evident from looking at the edges around the puddle that there is a lack of penetration. You can see where the filler metal didn't flow into the cavity but rather pooled on top of the cool base metal. I do a lot of welding with ac/dc-high frequency, MIG and TIG and I'm just about to get my certification in pipe and tank/vessel, all positions. Those welds are a classic example of not enough amperage and/or wrong polarity and poor physical position.

It maybe your trailer, but I'd be worried that in a manuver that put a shock load on that hitch, the hitch might fail leaving you open for a 'heartache' by the vehicle that was behind you.

I never could understand the attraction to Harbor Fright. Like WallyWorld, Harbor Fright just contributes to the trade imbalance selling sweatshop Chinese or Pacific Rim junk. I can understand why it can't strike an arc. It's internals are probably made from recycled rice cakes. Get yourself a Lincoln, Miller or at least a TSC Hobart. I have a Linclon Ranger 8 gas powered unit that's over 30 years old, bought new and has never had any problems whatsoever other than oil and filter changes. You might pay a little more, but the units will outlast your desire to use them and when you sell them, you'll get a return on your investment rather than adding to the already overloaded landfills.

The tire still lookls good.:D

I'm not gonna comment on your welding, Darron. If you want to see ugly, you should see my dobbing. :p The tire looks great. Don;t be afraid to push it in the twisties, I think the car tire is just as good if not better in the turns. I don't think I'll ever go back.

I've got close to 5500 miles on mine (thats like two more metz.) and am just amazed at the tread left. I just grin when everyone starts talking about which is better, Patches or Plugs, I have seen what they are patching, and the patch is twice the thickness of the tire. These same people are talking to us about saftey issues, and they are riding on a banana peel. :eek:

I'm not gonna comment on your welding, Darron. If you want to see ugly, you should see my dobbing. :p The tire looks great. Don;t be afraid to push it in the twisties, I think the car tire is just as good if not better in the turns. I don't think I'll ever go back.

Wilbur:

By the way, they are going out tomorow.

If it was a non safety issue, I wouldn't have a problem. Actually, it's not a problem for me as I'm not going to be following Darron down the highway. By now, you guys should know I don't 'dob' anything. I just don't want to see a failure at the expense of property damage or personal injury.

That's all I'll say on the subject, he's the captain of his own ship.

I still like the tire too.

After 37 years of riding many different size, types and styles of motorcycles, I find the Rocket to be a very good bike for an 800 pound 67 inch wheelbase cruiser. And that is what it is. I also ride a 2001 Dyna Low Rider. I can take the same corners, curves, on-ramps and off-ramps at the same speed as the Rock without dragging any pegs or active countersteering. Try riding a shorter, lighter bike and then hop on the Rock and you'll see what I mean.

Back