Was wondering if anyone still does the floorboard to peg conversion

@1olbull put boards on his and has said, if I remember correctly, he gets a greater lean angle with the boards than he did with the pegs before they start scraping.

Just personal preference. I know some on here (myself included) like the pegs better. That and the boards come in handy for those long rides, which I don't really take. I'm more of a commuter. I just can't seem to get comfy with the boards and heel/toe shifter.
Been digging around a bit and need to confirm all parts needed. I will bring the kit with me when I head to Norfolk
Darn the picture won't load

15063532651001924126248.jpg

Here we go

Yea, haven't really looked at the quote enough to figure out all that was needed, immediately my eyes went to the price $$$. It does look like you have the kickstand in the mix, didn't know that was necessary.
Yes they have a different foot prop. This unit came off my 07 I will be checking my 05 for comparison.

I see the left hand heel plate, do you not have the right? Are they different from mine do you think? And is that the brake line in the pic as well or some other kind of cable?

I see the left hand heel plate, do you not have the right? Are they different from mine do you think? And is that the brake line in the pic as well or some other kind of cable?
If your talking the little shield that covers the master cylinder on the right it is the same as whats on yours. And yes that is the brake line.

After getting into a race with a sport bike ( I know mother.. racing is bad) yesterday on curvy mountain roads there is no way I would have floorboards on my Roadster. Heck the pegs was scraping like mad..... I could imagine how the floorboards would scrape.

This guy was dressed out in his race suit and was trying to place his knee on the ground in every curve. I could tell he was very surprised to have a cruiser following him so closely in the curves....lol

He was racing so hard his right hand was cramping. He would have to shake it off when we was in "cool down" mode....lol

I guess if one wants to ride around like the old farts on Harleys do then get the floor boards.

This is why Triumph went with pegs I bet. The bike handles so well that the floor boards just wasn't cutting it. So they went with pegs and moved the up and back later on.

Mully, Just FYI -
My Standard boards are an inch or more higher than the stock 2012 roadster pegs.
They offer a lot more clearance for more lean angle in the twisties!

Been digging around a bit and need to confirm all parts needed. I will bring the kit with me when I head to Norfolk
Darn the picture won't load
Very cool. All my stuff is still on the bike so I'll need some time to remove. Do you know when your trip to Norfolk will be?

Back