Was wondering if anyone still does the floorboard to peg conversion

cdlamph

.020 Over
Ride
2006 Triumph R3 Classic
I was just curious as I haven't seen any recent posts about this. I have an '06 Classic with floorboards that would love to trade out with pegs.

What are the advantages of pegs over the floorboards? Probably a stupid question but hey I dont know the answer, lol.

Just personal preference. I know some on here (myself included) like the pegs better. That and the boards come in handy for those long rides, which I don't really take. I'm more of a commuter. I just can't seem to get comfy with the boards and heel/toe shifter.

I was just curious as I haven't seen any recent posts about this. I have an '06 Classic with floorboards that would love to trade out with pegs.
I would trade my pegs for your floorboards any day!

After getting into a race with a sport bike ( I know mother.. racing is bad) yesterday on curvy mountain roads there is no way I would have floorboards on my Roadster. Heck the pegs was scraping like mad..... I could imagine how the floorboards would scrape.

This guy was dressed out in his race suit and was trying to place his knee on the ground in every curve. I could tell he was very surprised to have a cruiser following him so closely in the curves....lol

He was racing so hard his right hand was cramping. He would have to shake it off when we was in "cool down" mode....lol

I guess if one wants to ride around like the old farts on Harleys do then get the floor boards.

This is why Triumph went with pegs I bet. The bike handles so well that the floor boards just wasn't cutting it. So they went with pegs and moved the up and back later on.

IMG_0039.JPG
After getting into a race with a sport bike ( I know mother.. racing is bad) yesterday on curvy mountain roads there is no way I would have floorboards on my Roadster. Heck the pegs was scraping like mad..... I could imagine how the floorboards would scrape.

This guy was dressed out in his race suit and was trying to place his knee on the ground in every curve. I could tell he was very surprised to have a cruiser following him so closely in the curves....lol

He was racing so hard his right hand was cramping. He would have to shake it off when we was in "cool down" mode....lol

I guess if one wants to ride around like the old farts on Harleys do then get the floor boards.

This is why Triumph went with pegs I bet. The bike handles so well that the floor boards just wasn't cutting it. So they went with pegs and moved the up and back later on.

On a recent ride on a very curvy and steep 80 mi stretch with about 35 bikes the ride leader said that those who want to go faster thant the group could go on ahead. Myself on the R3T (with floorboards) and three sport bikes (a Bmw, a Honda Blackbird, and a ZX14R) started to have a bit of fun. It took me a while to pass the BMW and the ZX14R (passing zones? Lol, not for the entire stretch) and by then I could not catch the Honda before the planned rest stop. The Honda btw was ridden by an off duty 15 year motorcycle officer, I am not sure I could have kept up with him but it would have been nice to try. Anyway my point is that I never once scraped the floorboards. The sports bikes did even after I passed them and many of the others going way slower scraped the pegs and floorboards. My thinking is that the placement of the floorboards on the R3T are so high above the pavement that they rarely cause an issue. The pic is just a small sample of the 80 miles in question. Also included is an altitude change from the desert floor to 10000 ft.

Back