Don't start bagging on Triumph yet the new Touring model hasn't even been released. We don't know price, accessories etc.

I wonder if the new Victory has a choke lever (or what they call a idle control lever) like all of the other fuel injected Victories.

I'm not Piggr.

I'm holding out with hope that the new touring model has at least some bells and whistles and is priced competitively. The playing field is getting tighter with each passing model year. With all the stuff on it, it probably has an automatic idle control lever. Maybe the Rock would benefit from a lever too............lots easier than a 12 minute spanking.:D

I would take anti-locks though. Even H-D has that now.

Meaning ABS? I read somewhere it's only gonna be available as a std feature on the '08 CVO 's (at $40 + grands a piece :confused:).

If I remember my HD days (late 80's, early 90's, granted), causing them brakes to merely slow the darn thing down was an issue. The only way to lock them was to fit an anti-theft clamp around them:D.

It's actually pretty cool how they did it. The wheel lock sensor, instead of being a ring like on BMW and others, is contained in the hub. Can't even tell it's there. A salemen told me that since they did ABS and it needed a separate ECU they had to do away with the traditional cruise, and operate it by stepper motor which made the justification for throttle by wire easy.

Abs

It's actually pretty cool how they did it. The wheel lock sensor, instead of being a ring like on BMW and others, is contained in the hub. Can't even tell it's there. A salemen told me that since they did ABS and it needed a separate ECU they had to do away with the traditional cruise, and operate it by stepper motor which made the justification for throttle by wire easy.

God help us.Do you know any harley wrenches you would let work on your ABS and cruse..If they start looking for the throttle cable your screwed..

Crystal Ball(s)

I predict with some certainty that 'drive by wire' will become commonplace on motorcycles in the next few years. The automotive market is almost all 'drive by wire' and the integration of full electronic controls allows for tighter emissions controls, anti-lock braking and a bunch of other things like digitally encoded cruise control and on-board GPS navigation.

I'm surprised that the R3 actually has throttle cables with it's advanced electronic engine management. That's not consistent with full electronic engine management.

ABS with the advent of sophisticated computer management is basically a seamless integration that you never know is there until impending wheel lockup activates the system.

Of course with sophisticated electronic controls comes teething problems and the Rocket seems to exhibit teething problems both electronically related and mechanically related.......

Suzuki is offering a M109 tourer(ala Triumph bags,windshield, and Floor boards) for under 19k lookout Rocket your now keepin some quick company.:cool:

Suzuki is offering a M109 tourer(ala Triumph bags,windshield, and Floor boards) for under 19k lookout Rocket your now keepin some quick company.:cool:

It may be fast company but with both bikes in stock form and experienced (read, know how to shift properly and at the proper time), the R3 will pull ahead of the M109 every time. The 109 will pull the Rock from the hole shot but the Rock will overtake the M109 midway in second, equal the acceleration in 3rd and pull ahead.

M109

It may be fast company but with both bikes in stock form and experienced (read, know how to shift properly and at the proper time), the R3 will pull ahead of the M109 every time. The 109 will pull the Rock from the hole shot but the Rock will overtake the M109 midway in second, equal the acceleration in 3rd and pull ahead.

Ya but Its a V twin It shouldn't even come close..Read on the Busa site that the rear ends or ( bevel boxes) are spliting the cases on the M 109s.

Ya but Its a V twin It shouldn't even come close..Read on the Busa site that the rear ends or ( bevel boxes) are spliting the cases on the M 109s.

Jack: It does come close. Why on earth would there be a discusscion of the 109 on the Busa site? Of course the multi will beat the twin but we all know that's predetermined anyway. Just look back at the giant killer CB 750-4 and what that bike did to the competition of it's day.

Back