Rode a Victory Cross Country this afternoon...

IdahoRenegade

.060 Over
Ride
Previously-2012 Rocket Roadster
I have to say, I think the Rocket Roadster has ruined me. A couple weeks ago I went on a 4000 mile vacation on it. The trip had me thinking that a more touring oriented bike would be nice. Lockable hard bags, option for a trunk, cruise control, stereo. Well, my local dealer has a left over 16 CC, they let me take for a ride. My impression....the motor just didn't work. Little low end torque, though it does pull somewhat above 3k...but runs out of steam by 5k. Motor didn't like to lug down at all...in places at less than 2000 rpm, where the R3 just pulls smoothly in lower gears, it's "chug, chug"...acts like it wants to stall and is being lugged badly. No where near the low RPM torque I expected. The fairing didn't provide any better wind protection than the R3 windshield, and if anything the buffeting was worse. Fork stem is way forward, with bars that come back horizontally a long ways before kicking up-odd, but I could get used to it. Sound system was badly distorted at highway speeds. To me...the whole bike felt kind of "plasticy" and not nearly as solid and refined as the R3. Handling was nice though-very neutral (as good as the R3 with 140 Cobra and Excedra Max) and light. And I really do like the styling and the nice, big saddlebags.

I did look hard at the Indian Chieftain and Roadmaster, but didn't ride one. Might have to look a little more. The bags on those don't seem nearly as large as the Vics.

Sure hope Triumph comes out with a full-blown touring version with the next gen. I'm not sure I can accept a "lesser" bike :).

I love the roadster in its simplicity, it's all horsepower and torque with very few refinements, pure muscle.

I also love my Indian RoadMaster, it lacks the horsepower and torque of the roadster but offers so much more in the way of comfort and touring Amenities. And once I lowered my expectations a bit It is no slouch in the horsepower department.

Having both bikes in the garage would be perfect. Which is why I'm keeping my eye out for another roadster

I saw this gem at the Vegas Eurocycle. I would have liked to have ridden it.
20170612_105157.jpg

Is that a Guzzi?

Yup!
MGX-21
Official website - Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Australia

OVERVIEW
Forget all you know: we created MGX-21 to make you feel today what others will only experience tomorrow. MGX, known as Moto Guzzi eXperimental; 21 makes reference to the year the first motorcycle came out of the Mandello del Lario factory. Or, if you prefer, 21 like the inches of its front lenticular carbon fibre wheel.

The torque from the Moto Guzzi Big Block engine shines through. Its 89 ft·lbs (121 Nm) push you forward with relentless grunt at revs which leave others standing. But at the same time, a state-of-the-art electronic management with ride-by-wire throttle, selectable power maps and evolved traction control keep everything in check, letting you bask in the comfort of Cruise Control.

MGX-21 will show you a future you didn’t know, will push you far beyond the city border and enable you to ride to a horizon of your choice, confident in its ability to take you anywhere you wish and carry all you require in the integrated side luggage. Alone or with a passenger, thanks to the removable pillion seat.

And we couldn’t choose a better model than MGX-21 for the debut of the Infotainment system which can be fully integrated with our Multimedia Platform MG-MP, because every trip deserves the right soundtrack.

TECHNOLOGY
ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM
The Moto Guzzi Anti Lock Braking System has been developed using the continental two channel braking system, guaranteeing maximum safety in all road conditions.

RIDE BY WIRE
The Moto Guzzi Ride By Wire engine control system is a technologically advanced electronic system which allows the rider to select from three engine maps (Tourismo, Veloce and Pioggia). Each of these maps adjust the power delivery from the engine and transforms the character of the motorcycle.

TRACTION CONTROL
Moto Guzzi Controllo di Trazione (MGCT) is an advanced traction control system which is integrated with the engine management system, in order to maximise safety without detracting from riding pleasure.

tech-eldorado-multimedia.jpg

MGX-21-wheel.jpg

CRUISE CONTROL
The Cruise Control function provides superior comfort when riding long distance highways. The system maintains the speed set by the rider with no throttle input allowing you to enjoy the ride.

MOTO GUZZI MULTIMEDIA PLATFORM
Moto Guzzi have created am innovative multimedia platform which is available as an accessory. The Moto Guzzi Media Platform (MG-MP) is a Bluetooth module which connects to the motorcycle to the rider’s smart phone. The MG-MP app offers a wide variety of functions including an instrument panel displaying additional vehicle parameters, navigation, trip information and owner’s manual.

One man's opinion is just an opinion, you're certainly welcome to yours
YEP 2 different bikes I rode the INDIAN and its a GEEZER GLIDE more like the HARLEYS and other V TWIN BAGGERS that everyone makes to grab a share of that market and the INDIAN being air cooled was very hot like the HARLEYS but even hotter I found the big watercooled KAWASAKI to be cooler running and a nicer ride but they are all for the GEEZER crowd that like the big slow megabaggers

Back