Rode a Victory Cross Country this afternoon...

never found it, did she lost it?
never found it, did she lost it?

You tell 'em, Pancho!
Let's Went, Cisco!
Leo_Carillo_Pancho_Cisco_Kid.jpg

Last edited:
me to,Almost all the Suzuki 109 Boulevard owners I know carry a spare clutch cable with them as they break with regularity

22 wheels is correct unless you count the two spares, funny in the US they have lots of "18wheelers" in OZ this combination is used for hauling pillows and Corn Flakes :laugh::laugh:

Once counted 80 on dual steer triple fuel tanker operating between Darwin and Katherine...76 wheelers were common as muck...

And that was good 2 lane h'way. I still remember being on my new 1984 BMW K100RT passing 5 of those 76 wheelers in convoy on a curve coming towards me on the old road from Timber Ck to Katherine when it was single lane seal without even a painted line in the middle. When I came across them I was doing about 160kmh, their 3 trailers each were swinging out and even though I was forced onto the ball bearing gravel sloped edge they still didn't share the sealed section. That was a serious pucker up moment. At least on the 100's of km dirt section from Fitzroy Crossing to Halls Creek the graded dirt road was about 4-5 lanes wide.

I've always found those long-haul fellas to be fairly considerate in my travels...maybe they could see the BMW badge :roll:

If the driver can see you he will usually try to get you past instead of having to watch you behind him, but a lot of places the unpaved road shoulders won't support the truck and trailers weight and a roll over can send you broke or worse kill you ,most drivers are considerate and professional

Chiming in on Victory's.

I've had a lot of bike over the many years of riding and after 3 Harley V-Twins, getting on a Victory changed my acceptance of them in about 5 minutes. Test-ride to purchase in 20 minutes. What a great engineered piece of machinery, it's unfortunate Polaris dropped the line. I had a Cross Roads with intake, exhaust and ECM Tune, significant performance increase over stock and made the bike an absolute joy to ride, and speed shifting was awesome, pin the throttle and hit the revs. FUN. FUN. FUN. Rode the bike like I stole it for 4 years without incident but recently traded up for the R3R.

I would have enjoyed keeping the Victory but could not due to little garage room and already had a second bike, wife just doesn't understand why a man really needs 3 sleds. I have convinced her that 2 are truly necessary, in case you wreak one, you still have another one to ride. :D If I'm ever allowed to have a third bike, it will probably be another Victory with a LLOYD'Z Motorworkz 116 upgrade.

I've always found those long-haul fellas to be fairly considerate in my travels...maybe they could see the BMW badge :roll:

Hater!:roll:

If the driver can see you he will usually try to get you past instead of having to watch you behind him, but a lot of places the unpaved road shoulders won't support the truck and trailers weight and a roll over can send you broke or worse kill you ,most drivers are considerate and professional

Don't get me wrong, I was heading towards them not behind, it was just the road was so narrow and as you said Ken, they would have not been able to safely go half on/off the sealed section themselves. The verge was surfaced with that dark red ball-bearing gravel and up there in the tropical North the road camber on those old narrow single lane roads is extreme with the verges being virtually sloping embankments to reduce wet season water damage. Just meeting, besides passing one road train on those roads is hairy but 5 in convoy was terrifying.

I had already made a fool of myself heading over to WA a week or two earlier when I pulled over onto that horrible ramped verge on a straight stretch of that road to let a tourist towing a large caravan approaching me stay on the sealed section and promptly lost it in the ball bearings going down at low speed so was determined this time not to do the same. Luckily the pannier took the brunt and nothing else was marked on my then brand new BMW.

My reply is sarcasm. I mentioned a broken clutch cable here one time and I was lambasted for such a lie. Apparently someone here does not believe a clutch cable is capable of breaking. I am looking for a reaction from said party. I have had several broken clutch cables in my 47 years of motorcycle riding.

Blasphemy. I have so much confidence in Triumph clutch cables that I only carry one spare when I leave the house :roll:

Back