leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Roadster, 2020 Rocket GT
I got a real good deal on a 2020 GT with accessories two weeks ago and finally got around to running it (after bleeding the rear brakes). I notice it seems to have a slight engine vibration when accelerating. The bike accelerates nicely but has that annoying vibration (like a Harley) that is not present in my 2014 Roadster. After researching, I found the first gen Rocket has a 1-2-3 firing order and the second gen has a 1-3-2 firing order (maybe the reason?). Anyone else found that annoying vibration when riding the new series Rockets?

cmintegra

.020 Over
Ride
2020 rocket 3 GT
I got a real good deal on a 2020 GT with accessories two weeks ago and finally got around to running it (after bleeding the rear brakes). I notice it seems to have a slight engine vibration when accelerating. The bike accelerates nicely but has that annoying vibration (like a Harley) that is not present in my 2014 Roadster. After researching, I found the first gen Rocket has a 1-2-3 firing order and the second gen has a 1-3-2 firing order (maybe the reason?). Anyone else found that annoying vibration when riding the new series Rockets?
I do feel the vibration too. The frequency is of course higher that the one on my V-Rod, and even though is felt and a bit annoying, isn't a deal breaker. I'm +5000km on my GT and still feel it. But, I think it's kind of normal if you have 3 +800cc pistons revving up under your butt, don't you? happy riding!

leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
I do feel the vibration too. The frequency is of course higher that the one on my V-Rod, and even though is felt and a bit annoying, isn't a deal breaker. I'm +5000km on my GT and still feel it. But, I think it's kind of normal if you have 3 +800cc pistons revving up under your butt, don't you? happy riding!
Thanks, now I feel comfortable about it. Guess it is just the characteristic of the bike.

G-Force Junkie

.060 Over
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket III GT Black
What, like you changed gears a little too early on your overloaded Ford Ranger (2.3L)? Yeah, I feel it too but got used to it pretty quick:)

leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
What, like you changed gears a little too early on your overloaded Ford Ranger (2.3L)? Yeah, I feel it too but got used to it pretty quick:)
That's exactly what it feels like. Maybe lighter internal engine parts on the new model makes it more prominent the over previous model. You would think it would it be more refined and smoother!

F6C

.040 Over
Ride
R3 GT
Little vibration, but a little still, I heard a noise when braking the bike to a stop at the fork.
Eventually, the big center nut on the top yoke was completely loose ...
Problem solved quickly at the Triumph dealer

TURBO200R4

stand up straight and grab the world by the a$$
Ride
07 rocket III classic
when i road my buddies bike i noticed that vibration right away.
but when i got back on my 07 i was like wow about the same i had just gotten use to it.

R-III-R Turbo

Mine is the biggest :)
Ride
2.5L Stroker Rocket III, Hayabusa
Wonder is it the different type of counter balancer the new engines use. Old engines are one balancer shaft, new ones appear to have 2 'half' balancer shafts.
Different balancer type, different vibration type?

Triple engines are naturally unbalanced, unlike an engine with an even number of cylinders, hence the need for the counter balancer to dampen the vibration. In my understanding.

G-Force Junkie

.060 Over
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket III GT Black
Good thing it looks nice:)

Wonder is it the different type of counter balancer the new engines use. Old engines are one balancer shaft, new ones appear to have 2 'half' balancer shafts.
Different balancer type, different vibration type?

Triple engines are naturally unbalanced, unlike an engine with an even number of cylinders, hence the need for the counter balancer to dampen the vibration. In my understanding.
Have you seen the astronauts shaking when under the extreme acceleration of a rocket launch? Well, there you go....LOL
Honestly, what do we expect when we push that much weight with that much force....that's why it's so very cool.