maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
I got a real good deal on a 2020 GT with accessories two weeks ago and finally got around to running it (after bleeding the rear brakes). I notice it seems to have a slight engine vibration when accelerating. The bike accelerates nicely but has that annoying vibration (like a Harley) that is not present in my 2014 Roadster. After researching, I found the first gen Rocket has a 1-2-3 firing order and the second gen has a 1-3-2 firing order (maybe the reason?). Anyone else found that annoying vibration when riding the new series Rockets?
Coming from a Honda vtx 1800, this seems smooth!!

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
Have you seen the astronauts shaking when under the extreme acceleration of a rocket launch? Well, there you go....LOL
Honestly, what do we expect when we push that much weight with that much force....that's why it's so very cool.
I can hear the astronauts saying can't you make this smoother? Never.
Scooters are real smooth.

sonnie

.060 Over
Ride
rocket 3 GT,
I got a real good deal on a 2020 GT with accessories two weeks ago and finally got around to running it (after bleeding the rear brakes). I notice it seems to have a slight engine vibration when accelerating. The bike accelerates nicely but has that annoying vibration (like a Harley) that is not present in my 2014 Roadster. After researching, I found the first gen Rocket has a 1-2-3 firing order and the second gen has a 1-3-2 firing order (maybe the reason?). Anyone else found that annoying vibration when riding the new series Rockets?
Yes, i have a pulsing effect at low accel speeds but it doesnt feel like a vibration ... It almost feels like a bad universal joint. Disappears over 3k.

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
Thanks, now I feel comfortable about it. Guess it is just the characteristic of the bike.
Just be glad it's not a Moto Guzzi. My buddy lent me one while I'm up in NY, man, feels like it's not running on all cylinders, even though it is