Vibration Issue - Video Enclosed

try riding 10 to 12 mph do you feel anything in the bars? on the back any side to side movement good test for bent wheels and bad tires.
there going to feel a little rough when you twist the throttle.

Odd assessment in my opinion. A dyno would all but eliminate the front end of trouble. Unless they think the problem is in the engine or drivetrain I can see them not wanting it on one.
All they told me was putting it on a dyno( designed for testing bikes) would be “ dangerous,” without elaborating on why they thought that. I believe the problem is in the engine. I believe the crank is out of balance. Or some other part that always rotates at high rpm, and is heavy enough to cause a 700 pound bike to vibrate like an electric toothbrush. Could you elaborate why you believe putting it on a dyno in that case would be a mistake?

The way they do dyno is to put it in 5th gear and open throttle all the way.
Would not want to do that with your bike. Would start slow and check as u go till u diagnose the prob.
Can do the same with it off the ground.

All they told me was putting it on a dyno( designed for testing bikes) would be “ dangerous,” without elaborating on why they thought that. I believe the problem is in the engine. I believe the crank is out of balance. Or some other part that always rotates at high rpm, and is heavy enough to cause a 700 pound bike to vibrate like an electric toothbrush. Could you elaborate why you believe putting it on a dyno in that case would be a mistake?
The only dyno's I've seen used the rear wheel only. The front end is usually static.

From the video, I don’t think vibrations are main culprit. Triumph had a bad batch of mirrors that have been failing for few owners.
My left mirror shifts when I get up to speed- in other words, it's loose. I don't see any way to tighten it. Almost started a thread on it. Is that what you're referring to? Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix it?

Back