Quick survey comparing the RIII & R3 vibration

RazMan

Rocket Addict
Ride
2022 R3 GT, 2011 America
I can't help but notice quite a bit more vibration when going gently up through the gears on my R3 GT, especially in 2nd gear close to 2000 - 2500 rpm (but fine above this). My old 2004 Classic was silky smooth right down to tickover speeds (when poodling through traffic etc) and accelerated very smoothly - the GT not so much. Is this a 'normal' thing for the GT and do I just adopt a more rev-happy way of riding, or do I have a word with my dealership? For reference it only has 1800 miles on the clock so might need a bit more time to smooth out a bit.

i have rode my early an one late i think that both vibrate when you give them a bunch of throttle.
on the earlys some have a vibration around 3000 rpm

I had both (2007 Rocket III Classic and 2014 Rocket III Roadster) and now ride a Rocket 3 GT.

The new frame, motor, ECU, suspension, steering, position, all things revamped were a vast improvement over the older Rocket IIIs.

I used to tell people that the Rocket III was a European Sports Car on two wheels. Handled well in the corners, manoeuvrable at speed, powerful off the line. The NEW Rocket 3 is a European Supercar (a Bugatti, an Aston Martin). It out performs the old one hands down in every category IMDO. I did love the floor boards on the Classic; so much so that I converted the 2014 Rocket III Roadster over to them as shown below. Really did like that setup.

Happy to entertain questions, if there are any...

SAM_0116.JPG
20180726_185927.jpg

20230810_103904.jpg

It's not a coincidence that it's 2000 RPM you notice it at. It's a resonance point for the engine design, the III bikes also have it but it's masked by various things Triumph did.

I adopted a higher RPM riding style, staying over 2400 most of the time, engine runs smoother above 2400.

It's not a coincidence that it's 2000 RPM you notice it at. It's a resonance point for the engine design, the III bikes also have it but it's masked by various things Triumph did.

I adopted a higher RPM riding style, staying over 2400 most of the time, engine runs smoother above 2400.
Thanks Claviger - I was getting quite concerned I was going to have an awkward conversation with the dealer. The vibration is quite noticeable but if I raise the revs a little everything is fine- just needed some reassurance I suppose

Last edited:
2500 is at the lowest end of where I'd be riding (briefly) - 3k and above, usually. So, I just pass through 2k on the way.

My '11 Roadster seemed to vibrate more in general, but it had Lush components and I don't remember before that. 2.3 and 2.5 vibrate enough that I never get a clear image in my mirrors.

Thanks Claviger - I was getting quite concerned I was going to have an awkward conversation with the dealer. The vibration is quite noticeable but if I raise the revs a little everything is fine- just needed some reassurance I suppose
There should not be anything “awkward” about asking your dealer about anything. If he makes it that way then just tell him that it will be the last time & you will go else where. Dealers are there to serve the customer….not vice versa!👍

Back