Vibration, Cause for Concern?

Louballs

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket III
Hey everyone,

So I've had both my stock mirrors replaced under warranty as the mirror would fail where it attaches to the stem. Under heavy acceleration and at highway speeds my mirrors vibrate terribly. To the point it's hard to make out what's behind me. Others have said this isn't normal. My bike has done this as long as I can remember, I just assumed it's how it rides with no other Rocket to compare it to.

What should I check to see if there's an issue? Of course my warranty just ended so I'd like to possibly diagnose/rule out anything before paying the dealer. My tire tread is fine and my suspension settings seem ok. But don't know where else to start.

Thanks!

If you told the dealer about the problem and it wasn't rectified then they are still on the hook to fix it as It wasn't taken care of during the active warranty. The dealer can't just wait out a problem and then when the warranties up they just say 'oh well we tried'. If this was not brought to the dealers attention then yes, you are going to pick up the tab. If it was then keep taking it in until it's resolved.:thumbsup:
Well, I had the mirrors replaced and mentioned the vibration. But I never had them look into the vibration as I thought it was normal and the mirrors just sucked (they probably do), but I'm learning from others that they have ZERO vibration issues. So I'm likely on the hook...fine. Which is why I want to try to diagnose/solve any problem on my own. I wish I had another bike to compare it too as maybe I'm wrong.

Jmo
I think that when u open the throttle it is going to be rough.

New owner of used R3R and I'm getting used to the bike.
I have felt a vibration, almost like clutch judder on take off and quite vibey sitting on 3000 rpm just cruising.
I did a little testing on the way home today. Clutch in, on a downhill run and the vibration goes away. Clutch in and hold the revs at 3000, still no vibration, leading me to conclude that it's in the drive train.
Have you tried anything like this on your bike to isolate the issue?
Cheers.

New owner of used R3R and I'm getting used to the bike.
I have felt a vibration, almost like clutch judder on take off and quite vibey sitting on 3000 rpm just cruising.
I did a little testing on the way home today. Clutch in, on a downhill run and the vibration goes away. Clutch in and hold the revs at 3000, still no vibration, leading me to conclude that it's in the drive train.
Have you tried anything like this on your bike to isolate the issue?
Cheers.
does the clutch judder happens when you are stopped and moving/turning bike to 100% left turn at extremely slow speed with slowly releasing clutch?

Last edited:
does the clutch judder happens when you are stopped and moving/turning bike to 100% left turn at extremely slow speed with slowly releasing clutch?
No vibration when stopped. Normal take off in first gear and it's not too bad at all, but slow speed corner negotiation or round about it is quite noticeable.

Vibration serious enough to have the mirror stems fail is way out of line!! I can see perfectly out of mine even at highway speeds.
What year Rocket is it? The only time I feel even a slight vibration in my 2021, is a small amount of clutch shudder upon takeoff which doesn't happen if I increase revs a bit.

Back