Ride
Triumph Rocket 3R 2020
My 2020 Rocket 3R engine has been very smooth for it's first 17,000 km. For the last 3,000 km I've been experiencing a high frequency vibration in the handle bars, foot pegs and seat. The vibration can be felt at any revs but is more noticeable from 4000 rpm. Vibration is felt when moving or stationary. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Nothing out of the ordinary but I'm only at ~8000km.
Hopefully the Dealer can plug in & see what may be the problem - hopefully nothing major.

Vibration Analysis and management is integrated into the design phase. Each rotating part generates a unique waveform and, by analysis, it is possible to determine exactly which part or assembly is causing the vibrations. Same as the prop on a ship or submarine has a unique rotating signature. It should be possible to attach a few sensors and record the vibrations. These would be sent to the manufacturer who would then check them against the database / baseline and recommend a fix. As inferred, there should also be a maximum vibration "standard" that can be verified by dyno test or similar. In other words, there should be a clear and verifiable line between acceptable and unacceptable vibration performance.

Vibration Analysis and management is integrated into the design phase. Each rotating part generates a unique waveform and, by analysis, it is possible to determine exactly which part or assembly is causing the vibrations. Same as the prop on a ship or submarine has a unique rotating signature. It should be possible to attach a few sensors and record the vibrations. These would be sent to the manufacturer who would then check them against the database / baseline and recommend a fix. As inferred, there should also be a maximum vibration "standard" that can be verified by dyno test or similar. In other words, there should be a clear and verifiable line between acceptable and unacceptable vibration performance.
Wow!
I wish dealerships knew this sh!t and were this sophisticated. đź‘Ť

Wow!
I wish dealerships knew this sh!t and were this sophisticated. đź‘Ť
As part of condition monitoring within maintenance plans, the technique has been around a long time. The challenge is that it adds cost and must be considered against the overall benefits to the company. It certainly would add more confidence in their ability to react to and verify customer feedback. I can imagine that a few possible buyers came to this forum, seen some of the initial quality posts, and went to the competitor. Not good for business.

Triumph has a quality system. (ISO certified). As such, they have a performance monitoring and continuous improvement program. It is independent from the engineers and service providers and usually reports to Senior Management. If Triumph pays more than lip service to their quality system, then they would be monitoring this forum, and customer satisfaction surveys, for areas of improvement. We need to be diligent and consistent with our feedback. It may indeed trigger change:).

Back