My vibration problem solved

DSC0241220resize_zps254a8196.jpg

Leftstarted in the 2011 touring right is 06 to 2012 standard, classic, roadster all black motors silver motors have a different backlash eliminator plates, pressure plate and lifter piece.

Warp you stallion, my 2010 Roadster (engine #459058) had the newer lifter piece from the factory. i rememeber you asking for a photo at the time;

upload_2019-3-29_22-59-19.png

Now the 06 black engine #251323 had the older revision like in your pic, the 1st ball bearing pressure plate lifter piece.

Not that ot is more prone to breakage. But the newer one has a larger OD on the head which does two things. More contact surface on the lifter shaft which lessons the chance of burning the shaft. And it seems to have less room to rattle. Over all I'd say a improvement. Don't fret the next time your in her then you can change it out.
Thanks Warp, good to know. Your knowledge of these things immense. It is because of people like yourself and others that makes this forum such a great resource.

Not that ot is more prone to breakage. But the newer one has a larger OD on the head which does two things. More contact surface on the lifter shaft which lessons the chance of burning the shaft. And it seems to have less room to rattle. Over all I'd say a improvement. Don't fret the next time your in her then you can change it out.
Thanks Warp, good to know. Your knowledge of these things immense. It is because of people like yourself and others that makes this forum such a great resource.

Warp you stallion, my 2010 Roadster (engine #459058) had the newer lifter piece from the factory. i rememeber you asking for a photo at the time;

upload_2019-3-29_22-59-19.png

Now the 06 black engine #251323 had the older revision like in your pic, the 1st ball bearing pressure plate lifter piece.
Just found a pic with my engine ser# (CES pipes block it from view) 3442936. Are you missing a digit from yours?

Dragging this old post up I am having the same issue with excessive vibration and I was thinking about getting the
clutch dynamically balance. The vibration is driving me nuts and loosing bolts as well.

warp was there a fix for this issue.

My bike is a 2012 and I noticed a bit of vibration from day dot the would. Smooth out if I take the free play
out with the clutch lever .

Back in 2011 when I purchased my Roadster I test rode 3 Demo bikes and experienced the exact same vibration on all three. Over the last nine years it has not got any worse but I would love to be able to fix it. Triumph did tell they would pay to have the clutch basket nut checked for the correct tension but I never bothered.
‘with all the discussions on this forum you think Triumph would have fix by now.

Back