Vibration 2800 to redline

Mine has a vibration at idle that goes away if I pull in the clutch lever. I believe that is normal. My engine starts to vibrate noticeably at 3200 rpm's. More noticeable if riding into a headwind. I read an article about the development of the R3 engine. Triumph claims they could have made the engine butter smooth with the counter balancer, but focus groups wanted to "feel" the engine. I don't find the vibration annoying. When running the twisties in the mountains, I run in the lower gears for hours and keep the engine in the 4 - 5000 range for better engine braking. With out riding yours @Shaneamo, I don't know if we are talking about the same vibration or not.

They don't all do it, that's a lazy ass mechanic trying to explain away something he's incapable of understanding . Find a real mechanic. Sounds like an output shaft bearing. Some were installed backwards on early bikes, and lack of lubricant wasted them at about your mileage

mine done it when i got it at 6000 miles.
at over 30000 miles it is just a tad worse.
being a mechanic it bugged the $hit out of me but some where along the line i got used to it.
you should check the bolts that secure the motor to the frame.
and like others have said you just barely touch the clutch lever and my vibration goes away.
my personal opinion is the clutch pac is a little loose and when you take up the clearance on the clutch pac the vibration goes.

Mine still has the same vibration under load that yours does @motolink take up the clutch free play and it stops. Have been told they all do it by Triumph after they hAd mine for a week riding it because a mechanic there test rode it after a service and thought it didn't feel right. That was 20,000klm ago and it hasn't got any worse. Spoke to Graham at Triumph Springwood about it 2 weeks ago. He said it's just the clutch basket nothing to worry about it they all do it. Plenty on here say theirs doesn't do it so I don't know. I just keep riding mine.

Mine does it, too.

It's low mileage for it's age. Apart from LT leads - check/balance inlet manifold pressures. Pray it's not a gummed up injector. Could be worth running a bottle of injector cleaner through a tank of fuel.
If it's been stood still a while unleaded fuel does some irritating things as it ages.

It's low mileage for it's age. Apart from LT leads - check/balance inlet manifold pressures. Pray it's not a gummed up injector. Could be worth running a bottle of injector cleaner through a tank of fuel.
If it's been stood still a while unleaded fuel does some irritating things as it ages.

Low Tension leads have caused me rough running on 2 occasions. There is a good post somewhere here on where and how to remedy. Like Chris suggested, old fuel, if not the problem still should be suspect. And I just changed my fuel filter at 31,000 miles and with a slight improvement in smoothness and acceleration. I had the crank position sensor suggested to me as well and as easy as it is it is worth checking. The electrical tape which wrapped mine had unraveled likely from all the rain we seem to be having in these neck of the woods. Good luck to ya.

Put in some hotter cams, a less restrictive exhaust and throw away the intake system, put on triple filters. Now have it dyno tuned by someone who uses "Tuneboy" or "tune ecu" and there will be so much happening when you are moving over 3,000 rpm that you won't notice any vibration!

Put in some hotter cams, a less restrictive exhaust and throw away the intake system, put on triple filters. Now have it dyno tuned by someone who uses "Tuneboy" or "tune ecu" and there will be so much happening when you are moving over 3,000 rpm that you won't notice any vibration!
Wayne Has Spoken better listen to him :)

Back